New Version of MJ RegWatcher

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Graphic Equaliser, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graphic Equaliser

Graphic Equaliser Registered Member

The new version 1.2.7.6 has the following changes :-

Changes 1.2.7.5 to 1.2.7.6
    1) Fixed corner-case access violation when doing an automatic registry backup.
    2) The email alert setup now allows for the SMTP port to be configured differently from the default of 25. From the help file :-
    "If you need to override the default SMTP port of 25, then follow the hostname with a slash and the port number you wish to use. For example, smtp.microsoft.com/587"

It's at http://jacobsm.com/mjsoft.htm as usual. Regards,

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

As always, thanks a lot for the update! :)

3. soccerfan

soccerfan Registered Member

Thank you Graphic. I've had it on both my machines forever (almost) :D

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Me, too! ... much appreciated. :)

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi Graphic.

I know this is been asked before, but will you be considering at some point in time to somehow integrate a "real-time" registry watch monitor solution as opposed to the current polling it performs. As a piece-work security guru of sorts, meaning it's a joy to string multiple "small" safety apps together in a manner that they not only securely protect operating system's weaknesses, but do so at much lesser taxing of the system's responsiveness while completely covering most if not all vectors of potential concern.

By the way, since there are still many left who exclusively use the XP platform untill which time Windows 8 and there beyond prove to be the absolute norm of common O/S as opposed to vista & Win 7, i find MJ RegWatcher goes beyond even the best HIPS found.

Personally it's a relief to know when theres some even small insignificant change going on inside the registry tree as well as potential tampering, especially as has to do with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root and permissions.

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it will be very nice to have a realtime shield to protect the registry system:thumb:

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hopefully Graphic will chime in for us here whenever he can get to his email again. I assume that he's busy (as always) with other more important matters.

MJRegistryWatcher is running without a prob whatsoever along with my HIPS (EQS), Threatfire (Behavior Blocker), SandboxIE + SD along PFW combination, all with barely any use of resources. On-Demand Emsi Emergency Scanner rounds things out nicely. Since i'm still on XP, all these together make for really secure protection as well as useful information thats going on within the systems active componants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.