new version of ESET?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by George942, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George942

George942 Registered Member

hi,
    i see that a lot of security software vendors release a newer version, so i got intresting when a new version of eset smart security will come out and what will be the changes?
    thanks

2. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello to you George942
    At the present time the release date of a Ess 5 is not known. Eset it not known for giving a release date for a future product. Personally I will rather wait, and hopefully stand with a product that is truly tested for bugs before a release.

Best Regards to you George942 :)

3. blazr63

blazr63 Registered Member

Looking forward to this release. ;)

4. surfer1000

surfer1000 Registered Member

I don't think Eset work like that to be honest, but i could be surprised!

They are always making small improvments to builds....

So i would expect to see the next major build to be something like 4.5, then maybe 4.8 before we get to see a 5 which is probably more like a year away.

Also they make good improvements via the program modules which they always seem to be improving on a regular basis.

Can Eset comment on weather or not they are actually working on a whole new version (5) of ESS or just constantly making improvments?

5. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

ESET 4.2 is the last major version before version 5. I don't remember where, but it was said sometime.

6. cool1007

cool1007 Registered Member

I have also read somewhere here in the forums, that version 5 is expected to be released around end of year. I myself can't wait either. Next month I have to renew my license, so ... I'd love to start that, with a new / better product. :D

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It honestly is going to have to be the most radical change of the product yet. I dont mean that in a negative way and I honestly hope I am right because I will be the first in line to renew in April. But anything less then the ability to compete with the top 5 will be a death blow. I dont think this is the scenario because I also think if they can acheive what I envision then they will reap very big rewards.

Call this Esets way at saving grace.

8. surfer1000

surfer1000 Registered Member

If version 5 was due this year, then surely it would now be available in beta version?

Norton have just released 2011 after 5 months of beta!

From a vague memory of ESS 3 to 4 there was at least 2 betas (around 8 weeks apart) and then a RC (which i think was the quickest in history of about 2 weeks)

9. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I like ESET and have been a licensed user since 2005. But, the current version is falling behind other products in capabilities, and it has been buggy enough for me that I have not been able to use it. Every time I get past one critical bug I find another. I've used it about a total of a month since I renewed last December and don't see using it again before the end of the year. I also have large doubts there will be any sign of a version 5 before the end of the year, even in beta form. As it is the most expensive license I maintain, I will likely not be renewing this year. I hate to give up on them, but unless they wow me before my current license expires, then I will have no choice but to let them go. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.