New version of Deep Freeze

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ITguyonline, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ITguyonline

ITguyonline Registered Member

2. coffeetime

coffeetime Registered Member

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=328569&page=3

Took them 6 months to fix the BSOD when ejecting USB3 external hard drive(s).

But still BSOD from eSata DfDiskLow.sys BSOD. Opposite of their fixes release note:

Another 6 month wait for the eSata fix, if ever! Anyone have any better alternative to Deep Freeze? Tried Returnil/SD last year, caused some file corruption on SSD (firefox settings etc), so besides those... ?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  3. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

yea I tested like all beta Versions and even the final Version now caused BSOD's on my System, caused my SSD not being recognized by the Computer during Startup. Also Deepfreeze indeed freezes my whole Computer when unpacking large zip files from a frozen volume to a thawed space. They Need to work on bugfixes and add a real commit Feature to be on Level with shadow Defender....

back to good old shadow Defender here!!:thumb:

4. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

SD works fine on SSDs if you turn off TRIM in Windows. Look at one of my recent posts for details on this. TRIM off works 100%; and on modern SSDs with efficient GC turning off TRIM is not as bad as it sounds

Some users have reported that the latest SD version (the one that introduces the RAM buffer) actually works on their SSDs (I don't know if they have TRIM off though). A fully TRIM and Win8 compatible version of SD is currently on the works and according to Tony it should be released very soon.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  5. Arcanez

Arcanez Registered Member

using Shadow Defender on Crucial M4 128GB SSD + Windows 8 Pro x64. I had to turn off TRIM though to get working but it runs better than Deepfreeze for me currently although Faronics had a very Long beta period for their deepfreeze.

Cant't wait for shadow Defender to Support SSD's officially ...:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.