New version of Cyberhawk 1.1.3.2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Chubb, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Hey solarpowered candle and RejZoR I'm halfway there. I installed AOL KAV today, and really like it so far. I am thinking about installing Cyberhawk tomorrow sometime. Can you guys give me just a little more reassurance though that this combo works great together? I have Windows XP with 512MB of RAM, and will probably soon replace ZA Free with the next release of Comodo Firewall. Should I wait to install Cyberhawk then, or just go ahead tomorrow? Thanks

2. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

the combo is working great together here. i see that the official release of CPF 2.3 is on the 24th August (comodo firewall) . if Kav is humming along nicely then there is proberbly no reason not to install cyberhawk. the only thing that may or may not be a hassle is the uninstalling of zone alarm .you may need to make doubly sure that it is fully removed from your system before loading up another firewall. If it was me i would unload zonealarm now and load up windows firewall. then make sure its fully removed and maybe a good reg clean/defrag /reboot etc / Then load up Cyberhawk when you are comfortable . It will be good to hear from you duke just how this combo of Comodo firewall / cyberhawk/ Kav Lite flows. By the way if you do have any alerts from cyberhawk , its all good as these are sent to the secure community where they are analysed and if its a fasle positive or conflict with other software they will address this so that it will not behave as such in the future. this helps all users and makes for a quiet application . good luck with your choices .

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Unfortunatelly Comodo Firewall 2.3 release was postponed to next week due to QA. Guess i'll (we'll) have to wait a bit more ;)

Btw, from my unoficial testing, Cyberhawk is able to block Polip virus even before it can actually do anything. I'm still verifying and waiting for confirmation from some AV expert on Malware Research but everything looks like it blocked it properly.

4. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Okay guys, thanks for the replies. First, I will definitely do what is called a "clean uninstall" of ZA Free a few days before installing Comodo. I always use CCleaner, and RegSeeker, as I have never had trouble with them not removing everything with other software like AVG Free. By the way have either of you ever used Advanced Disk Cleaner by Innovative Solutions? I have been using it now for awhile, and it has proven safe to use for me so far. The deleted files go to the Recycle Bin where you can of course keep them to make sure everythings okay. Anyway, thanks for the input, and do you think it's all right to go ahead and install Cyberhawk with ZA Free for now that Comodo release has been delayed? Or do you think with Cyberhawk on board I'll be okay with just using Windows Firewall until Comodo is released? Take care for now. I edited this to let you guys know I uninstalled ZA Free without problems, and installed CyberHawk. So far I'm likely the sleekness of it, and the ease of use. Will get back to you if i have any questions on it. By the way, the reason ZA was uninstalled today was because of the second BSOD I got in the last few days. At first I thought it may be AVS, but a little seaching took me to ZA Free. It's almost unbelievable, that even one of the most stablest versions of ZA caused someone trouble. Me. So far though having none with CH and AVS together. Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  5. DE Retiree

DE Retiree Registered Member

Hi People, I'm brand new to this forum so forgive me and let me know if I violate any protocols.

For what it is worth, I'm running the latest versions of Cyberhawk, NOD32 trial, WinPatrol and version 4.5 of SpySweeper. They seem to play nicely together without any noticable system slowdown. I use Firefox and Outlook 2003 on a WinXP Home system with 2G RAM.

I previously had ZA Suite ... caused a lot of slowdowns and did not work well with version 4.5 of SpySweeper. I also had version 5.0 of SpySweeper for a few days before reverting to 4.5. MAJOR system slowdown when browsing and several BSOD's.

... DE Retiree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.