New version 3.0.621 available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Marcos, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Hi. This is a problem I experienced sometime ago. If you go into advanced options, real-time file system protection (second one down), the last option is "automatic real time file system protection start up". Make sure there is a check against that. In a previous build for me, this was unchecked after install so hopefully this will help you.

2. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

yes, that did the trick for me too

Ruben

3. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

well that's ghey :p thanks.

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Ref my posts #46 and #67: Today after all family had left from eating dinner, decided to try ONE MORE TIME to install 621. Did it the "old fashion way" by uninstalling old version 566, ran 3 different registry cleaners, then installed 621 on the laptop. This in lieu of installing right on top of old version as in the past. It did NOT lock up and installed just beautifully! I ran other proggies, hooked to internet, and all is lovely in the Deep South with no errors! Just wanted Marcos, ESET & Co., to know they can take me off the "fix list". :D

5. thedude

thedude Registered Member

Thx for the tooltip tip stuey. That's a good fix. I read the comments on that page and there's also a pretty quick workaround. Just click on Turn Off Computer, but don't actually turn it off or restart. Click Cancel and your tooltips should work again. If you have your taskbar set to Unhide you may have to hide it then unhide it again. My taskbar is set to autohide so I didn't have to do that step. Worked for me. Some people might not like having to have another service in memory.

6. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

It's ok for me to have another process. I only have 26. Task manager always shows me to have about 1.5 GB of unused memory. Sometimes I wonder if I go overboard on stopping unnecessary processes. I like the way my machine runs though.

7. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I think this thing almost broke my system tray. All of a sudden I had no icons there and when I brought up Task Manager I was missing 6 processes. Also I couldn't shut down Windows. Stay away from it . I uninstalled it.

After uninstalling I still have my tooltips and right click menu though. We'll see how long that lasts.

8. mr greek

mr greek Registered Member

Can v3.0.621 internally scan Microsoft Outlook "pst" data files o_O

Can anyone please tell me if v3.0.621 has the ability to internally scan Microsoft Outlook "pst" data files o_O??

Many Thanks.

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

Re: Can v3.0.621 internally scan Microsoft Outlook "pst" data files o_O

Not sure if this is it but I always assumed that when doing a manual scan and selecting "email files" in the set up would mean that all email files (PST) were scanned.

10. mr greek

mr greek Registered Member

Unfortunately it is not that clear.
    If you go to the internal help files, they reference all the email data files that will be scanned by v3.0.621.
    Unfortunately, "pst" is NOT one of them !!!!!!

11. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

All the email that I get in Outlook has the line that it is scanned. The emails are in the PST file... So I guess that ESS scans PST after all...

12. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Does anyone have a lag when opening "advanced setup" in this build? Also the program hangs for about 5 seconds when you exit out of setup by clicking OK button. Did not have this problem in 566 build.

13. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i got it als only when i enable advanced heuristics in real time

Attached Files:

• ess.jpg
      ess.jpg
      File size:
      56.3 KB
      Views:
  14. SweX

SweX Registered Member

How do you know it's a lag, it maybe take 0-5 sec until the advanced HE to start up when you have applied that you want to use that,

anyway it happens here to BUT i don't called that a lag. I think that it takes that time for ESS to start up or shutdown that service you've made a change on.

But don't you have time to wait the 0-5sec that it takes for ESS to do that you wanted.

SweX

15. Jenee

Jenee Registered Member

Yes I certainly have the lag in v621 and sometimes I click to ok or close several times thinking nothing is happening. It also happens when actually closing the ESS screen as well, not just the setup.

16. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

This lag/freeze happens even when no settings are changed. Enough just to go into an advanced setup window and exit out by clicking OK. It has nothing to do with activating/deactivating a certain feature.

17. Gary1968

Gary1968 Registered Member

This version still has problems dealing with my Netgear wireless LAN and shuts down my internet connection on installation. It also still has problems uninstalling where it 'hangs' after about 8 seconds but this is rectified with a bit of jiggery pokery!

The only way I could eventually get my LAN operational was by uninstalling my Netgear driver, then installing ESS and then reinstalling Netgear on top. Incidently I also had to do the same with my VPN client Sonicwall as this was also trashed if I installed ESS over the top of it.

All are now working OK but I am dreading having to go through the same process again if Eset release another update! If only ESS was as easy to install as EAV.

18. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I'm not experiencing any lag. The interface is rather snappy here on my ageing PC.

19. TimaN

TimaN Registered Member

Do you have advanced heuristics enabled in real-time file system protection? If not, then there will be no lag. Default settings don't have it enabled.

Attached Files:

20. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

I thought it was enabled, but it wasn't. With it enabled I see a slight lag when I click 'ok'; maybe about a second or so.

21. lllusion

lllusion Registered Member

Shorty= when?
    I just downloaded from the US and UK sites and got the Slovak screen, althought the first few install screens were in English. Do I dare continue the install or will the whole ESS interface be in Slovak?

22. jmc777

jmc777 Registered Member

It's only that one screen. The interface will be in English.

23. Ice_Cube

Ice_Cube Registered Member

I'm still having trouble syncing my WM device on Vista x64 with the firewall enabled. I have to disable it in order for it to sync.

Anyone knows whether this issue will be fixed soon?

24. ethernal

ethernal Registered Member

You fail to understand SPI firewalls, they use a miniport wan interface to filter traffic before it reaching your normal lan interface. during installation of any SPI software based firewall, you'll intermittedly loose your network connection.

vpn uses miniport too... so it's bound to be trouble.

and well. to be honest, most users of ESS are home users who in fact aren't using vpn. those fortunate enough to have remote access should be locked down by AD secpolicies and pushed updates anyway, end user shouldn't even touch AV/FW software. Let alone have the privelages to uninstall/change it. :ouch:

25. newbie2247

newbie2247 Registered Member

I did that 2 weeks ago and I still got a trojan.

Some security suite!

Sure wish I could get my money back.

:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.