New version 3.0.621 available

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Marcos, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwt325

rwt325 Registered Member

I downloaded from the link in Marcos post starting this thread. Clean installed, get v3.0.621. Get the menu sjgore gets right clicking ESS icon Major improvement for me.. Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

2. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Installed the version from Marcos' link and aprt from the one slovak screen everything else is fine. I installed over the top of previous version and all seems well.

I see lots of modules have got recent updates and a lot of 'bugs' have been fixed including one I reported which was a GUI issue affecting the 'Show Network Connections' screen.

Well done Eset. Keep making progress.

It's just a shame that it isn't all delivered by automatic update as some customers may not be aware of teh improvements.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Automatic updates never happen immediately after the release as we cannot afford risking that a serious problem arises. If no serious problems are found, we'll release an automatic update.

4. crummock

Fair point.

5. flint350

flint350 Registered Member

Has it ever been determined with certainty that the version of ESS actually installed is 3.0.621 even though it still shows 3.0.566 on many machines? Mine still shows that and shows it in the "Help/About" screen as well. Also, the right click menu is not as thorough as the ones mentioned - is that a Vista or 64 bit improvement only (I'm on 32 bit XP Pro)? I d/l'd the file right from the ESET site where it is clearly labeled as .621 and I still get .566 and no right click context menus in the system tray. I must open the main GUI to make changes.

Nearly every firewall/AV I've ever used has had the ability to quickly disable features from the system tray icon thru right clicking instead of the cumbersome opening of the main program and drilling down through screens. Appreciative of any responses.

6. crummock

Mine shows 621 on two machines I've upgraded on and the new options from the system tray icon work fine.

7. markjrenna

markjrenna Registered Member

For those that are now on 621... Is it improved? Any new issues?

8. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

I'm on 621 according to help/about but I don't have the tray icon menu. I have W XP SP2 32 bit

9. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The new version will definitely show 3.0.621 when installed. If you are showing the older version, then that it what you have installed and why you don't have the new right-click menu.

While the MSI installer you download does not specifically show a version number, it does have a certicate signing time which you can use to confirm what version you have downloaded... Right click the msi file and click on the "Digital Signature" tab, select the ESET certificate from the "Signature list" and press "Details".

If your MSI file has a November signing time, its the old version. The new version was signed in late December. If you are doenloading the old version, then it could be you are somehow getting directed to an old download mirror, or, caching is the issue, perhaps even at the ISP level cache servers.

Attached Files:

10. LowWaterMark

Some people have found a cause for the systray icon menu not displaying. See here:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1145771&postcount=12

I've confirmed on a test system that it is the same with ESS. If you have Windows configured to auto-hide the taskbar when your pointer is not over it, the systray, right-click menu will not display.

11. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Strange but "right-click" scanning does not work anymore with this version. Anyone else?

12. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

That's right. Disabling auto-hide shows the context menu. But this is an issue. My other tray icons show context menus in auto-hide.

13. LowWaterMark

No one is saying that this isn't a bug. Marcos mentioned in another thread that they'll be fixing the problem in a future update. It's just that this is a case where the members were able to directly identify the specific condition related to the problem.

14. LowWaterMark

Single file and folder based scanning from the context menu is working here. Does anything specific show up when you attempt it? Any error?

15. fosius

fosius Registered Member

Well, I tried reinstalling NOD32 but the problem still persists. No, nothing strange. When I choose to scan file or folder simply nothing happens. No errors..

16. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

Also if you uncheck "Keep the taskbar on top of other windows" you lose the right click menu. On my XP x64 if I check that I can't view the date by hovering over the clock. It puts it behind the taskbar. No wonder I didn't have the right click menu. Jeez I don't know which is worse.:doubt:

Update: I found a fix for my tooltips behind the taskbar bug. http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=10
    Now I can have my tooltips and my context menu.:D :thumb:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  17. PatG

PatG Registered Member

To Marcos or anyone @ Eset: Ref my #46 post in this thread. Tried again last night after making fresh image. Did everything I was suppose to and still received an error that stated, "Unable to connect to comcast.net server". This is what locked up the machine. Please put on fix list.:(

18. LowWaterMark

Ah, confirmed that here, too. Good find.

19. lalala

lalala Registered Member

20. ASpace

ASpace Guest

21. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

As in post 66 if I select keep the task bar on top I do get the right click menu.

But I don't want the task bar on top of others so I have to put up with no right click menu

I have V621 & Vista.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  22. lalala

lalala Registered Member

Got caught up with the holiday christmas shopping. I've just installed and tested ESS v3.0.621 and it seems that my problem here is now fixed. Good job ESET team!

Merry Christmas to all!

23. d1g1tal

d1g1tal Registered Member

:thumb:

24. swagger01

swagger01 Registered Member

One of the installer pages is still in Slovak language : (

25. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

okay, now that I have 621 why is it turning off the AV every time I restart?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.