New version 3.0.621 available

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Marcos, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Good Job Eset for the update, much improved, the best :)

Well, no Taggin email OE receive and send mail Pop3 port 995?

No Stunnel tagging email?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The ESET UK website has its download links pointed to the main eset.com servers, so, when ESET releases new versions on their site, the UK site automatically points to them. Basically, the ESET UK site simply hasn't changed the text descriptions on their webpage yet and they'll need to do that.

3. LowWaterMark

Both EA and ESS have the right-click options menu. (Note that the options displayed vary based on being in either Standard mode versus Advanced mode.) A few people have posted they don't have them for some reason, but most appear to. My guess would be a bad install. Perhaps if you did an over the top install, you might try a full uninstall and clean install of the new 3.0.621 version. Maybe in some cases, an over the top install fails to fully update some module.

4. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Hmm, I did totally uninstall nod 2.7 then install v3, odd that it won't show.
    Will uninstall and try again...

5. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Weird, totally uninstalled and re-installed a new dowload, still no right click menu on systray icon, any ideas?

6. Windd

Windd Registered Member

Which version is faster? Nod32 V2.7 or V3.0.621? I'm all about the speed.

Thanks

7. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

There is no right click menu, I contacted ESET requesting just that & they replied that it may never happen.

I for one desire the right click menu as do other users.

Sorry about the sloppy workmanship I gave in an earlier post, I assumed ESET UK had the
    programs in their web site.
    Apologies to all.

8. LowWaterMark

Are you talking about the right-click menu on the EA (NOD32) systray icon, or the right-click file context menu like you see in Windows Explorer when selecting a file or folder?

There is supposed to by a right-click menu for the systray icon in EA (and ESS) version 3.0.621.

This is what it looks like for EA when in Advanced Mode:

[​IMG]

If you don't have that menu when running 3.0.621, then see this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=195364

9. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

In post #1 Marcos states that you can install over a previous version. Is he mistaken?

10. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Yes. You should always uninstall first. Use revo Uninstaller in advanced mode to get rid of all entires. I uninstall and reinstsall programs all the time with no problems. I uninstalled 2.7 and went to 3.0.621 with no problems. Works great.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It looks like Santa came early for Steel. ;)

12. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Have they fixed the 99% CPU usage problem?

13. EvilDave UK

EvilDave UK Registered Member

The problem concerning clients with Roaming Profiles who would normally take 20 minutes to log off has partially been fixed; now it takes 5 minutes to log off, which is still a long time but not as long as it used to be. With NOD32 2.7 this was never an issue, and users could log off in a few seconds.

Updating EAV has also been improved, in that you click Update and EAV updates within 5 seconds (if there are no defs available), whereas before it would take more than 10 seconds (again, if no defs available). This is when updating from RA Server.

14. Ngwana

Ngwana Registered Member

True: I trust OE users will appreciate-

Mail integration is becoming more complex and IMHO I think e-mail clients like Outlook Express and other old clients (like the defunct Pegasus Mail) do not have the functionality to allow AV programs to use the latest ‘mail guard ‘technologies. In the past it was all about scanning /cleaning the actual e-mail or an e-mail attachment for viruses.

These days AV programs must guard the e-mail client from being ‘triggered’ by other applications, sending hidden notifications, prevent the mail client from being used to ‘harvest’ contacts/addresses and even monitor the way an email client filters junk/spam/phishing mail. Now with power users having multiple profiles and arranging meetings and setting reminders/notifications/counters it will be harder to keep AVs backward compatible for sophisticated integration and tagging.

I understand when people expect great AV functionality for the likes of OE but with AVs adding functionality to behave like ‘e-mail firewalls’ the developers will not find it possible. :D

15. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Well i got no issues with speed or startup now, and its running like... well like NOD32 should run. ;) The Problems with Outlook Express are solved (apart from the read receipts) but thats not much to worry about.
    For now i'm happy with it again. Well done ESET and Merry Xmas. :)

16. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I did as you instructed, and the new version installed and is running flawlessly (as far as I can tell):D Thanks.

17. Vettetech

Vettetech Former Poster

Welcome.

18. trial and error

trial and error Registered Member

Maybe since it's more recent it's got more anti-virus defs?
    I just found it myself and I'm ready for another round of it.

:isay: I want to applaud Eset for getting .621 out when it was rumoured to come out.:isay:

19. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

Now OE is called a very limited email client........but it isn't a problem with Nod32 2.7 and it seems, that with Nod32 3.0 this email client is becoming a problem. I don't think it's fair blaming this on OE. There must be millions of Windows users making use of OE. Now we are facing Vista with Windows Mail and that also seems to give a problem, as it is still not running the way it should.
    I have been playing with Thunderbird and Dream Mail all day and these two don't work properly with the new build 3.0.621. I can't get Dream Mail integrated and therefore tagging is not 100% possible. Thunderbird also gives a few problems with the integration. Both clients integrated perfect with the prior build, but also had the double tagging problem. Now with the new build, they both work worse.......so, where is this going to? I'm sorry to say, that again proper testing isn't done before this release. I don't want to sound negative, but it still seems to be a hard nut to crack to get this all up and running.
    I am really fed up.......the advice now is.....better use a different email client instead of OE and when I do........they're performing worse with the new build. So......what can we expect?
    I have had a bad feeling since the release of 3.0 and I'm giving up right now!
    I honestly get tired of all the trying and fiddling with a program, that has always performed just great in the past and now just seems to be pushed out with too many flaws.
    I need an install of a number One AV program, as Nod32 always has been. If I can't get that after all these months.......sorry, but I'm back to Dr. Web or whatever and won't ever go back to Nod32. It's not my piece of cake anymore!

20. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I have never had any problems with any build of Version 3 of the antivirus (currently using 3.0.566.0) and I don't use Outlook Express.

Apart from GUI improvements, are there any important reasons why I should get this upgrade?

21. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

Fixed :)

New Yellow Color

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  22. Walc

Walc Registered Member

Its kinda odd we have to uninstall teh previous versions each time, there should be an auto-programm option which would allow to update itself

23. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

You have always had the option to install over previous versions as Marcos has stated can be done with this one. But I believe a clean install is always best.

24. poutine

poutine Registered Member

I have to agree thats it is strange to blame Outlook Express, its like blaming Microsoft when some software doesnt work on its system, its up to software manufacturers to make it work on the O.S . Plenty of Security apps work fine with O.E so why not NOD ? This version is better but there are many flaws in the way it works with O.E and many people like myself use O.E and like it. Should i really have to change my email client to suit my AV ? Hmm that doesnt make sense. !!!

25. Walc

Walc Registered Member

how can i do that m8 ?<install over previous ver.>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.