New User

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hari, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hari

Hari Registered Member

Help please!

1. Should each upgrade build be installed to the current TI drectory and should the new build number show in the exe. and Help? Or do you have to uninstall the old version first? My origional version was 763 (u) but upgrade 771 (s) still shows 763!

2. Do you have to delete and reinstall the Secure Zone and remake the Rescue disks following an upgrade in the same version?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

Welcome to the TI Forum.

Technically, you should be able to successfully update to a new build number without uninstalling the previous build. However, according to numerous posts on this Forum, this can lead to subsequent problems and it would appear adviseable to uninstall the previous build before updating. I always do.

Although I choose not to use the Secure Zone feature, I believe uninstalling TI deletes the current Secure Zone and you would therefore need to create a new one after installing the new build. Do yourself a favour however and carry out a Forum search for "Secure Zone". You'll see it's full of gotchas etc. and ask yourself whether you really need it.

I strongly recommend that you burn a new boot rescue disk for each new build of TI (use CD-RW if you wish). That way you ensure the boot disk contains the latest Linux device driver and program bug fixes.

Regards

3. Hari

Hari Registered Member

Thank you so much.
    I will follow your suggestion to uninstall previous builds before installing latest (even though the Help & exe. files may continue to show the old build!)
    Appreciate your advice regarding the Security Zone. I was swayed by the Startup Recovery (F11) feature but will forgo it while I check the forum postings.
    Will also burn new rescue disk for each build but you seem to suggest that I could use the same CD-RW disk?

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

That's what "RW" discs are for, right? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.