New User - What Happened?

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Ed_H, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I have been using FD-ISR for a few weeks and have booted into several snapshots without problem. Today, I installed some software that did not play well at all with my system so I thought I would just boot to another snapshot to fix the problem. Previously I had always used F1 during the boot process to select the snapshot but this time I pressed Actions, Boot To Snapshot and selected the snapshot. But, when it re-booted, it just froze at the FS-ISR screen and gave me no options to choose ANY snapshot. Turning off the power button and re-booting gave me the same problem. Luckily I had an ATI image to restore and all is well.

I need to know what happened. Either I did something wrong or my faith in FD-ISR is severely shaken. Any ideas?

2. crash79`

crash79` Registered Member

If you want to play about with software get Deep Freeze

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Hard to say what happend, based on the info you have given, though I probably still won't know ;) others coming after may want to know what the software was. Did you try booting into safe mode?

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Each software has its enemies, so does FDISR. I also installed new softwares that corrupted FDISR and I also had to restore an image to fix it.
    That is NORMAL. There are so many softwares in the world, written by different people and each of these softwares has bugs.
    It's a miracle that most of these softwares work together on the same computer.
    That was not a valid reason for me to ditch FDISR or to shake my confidence in FDISR.
    If a software doesn't like FDISR, I ditch it without hesitation and I restore an image to fix it.
    All softwares suck, but some softwares suck more than others. :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

FD-ISR is a great program for making snap shots BUT it is no substitute for an Image. Looks like the software that did not play well messed up FD-ISR and Acronis came to the rescue - nothing wrong with FD-ISR .

DeepFreeze has already been mentioned. you might also want to consider using Returnil (free to home users). In the situation you describe a reboot would have sorted things out. Deepfreeze and Returnil are, in my opinion, better the the freeze option in FD-ISR ( too slow and takes up disk space)

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

To circumvent the guessing game,post your logs to support,they will sort these complicated stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.