New User - Unlock never comes up?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by stevens4, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevens4

stevens4 Guest

Uninstalled and removed all registry entries for the EVAL Version of Port Explorer... and rebooted!

Then downloaded and installed the Full Version of Port Explorer... it stated that I need a unlock code... but never did it ask me for it... rebooted and still doesn't ask me... but now it states or is looking for the port.pkf file!

Never recieved a pkf file just the unlock code!

Any work arounds?

Helpppppppppppppppppppp... God Bless

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi stevens4, The port.pkf that came with your registration info' should be pasted into the Port Explorer folder. You must then go to the PE members area: If it is zipped then unzip it to the folder.
    http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=members
    Login, and you will see your unlock code towards the top of the page.

HTH Pilli

3. stevens4

stevens4 Guest

Nope... just the TDS-3 Key!

No key for the Port Explorer... downloaded from members page... it's an exe not a zip!

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Steve, now you got me confused.
    Did you get the Action Pack with 3 registrations, one for Port Explorer, one for TDS and one for WormGuard?
    Each has their own registration and keyfile.
    Not sure if you got separate registration emails for each program with it's additional keyfile?

For Port Explorer it should be something like port.kf or an instruction in the additional email to chage a name or unzip or whatever to do with it.

after installing Port explorer, put the keyfile in the directory and before or after that reboot the system.
    Then it should ask for the unlock code, which you got in the memebersarea online where you downloaded your full version (this is only available after login in to the membersarea!)
    this is not the long serial you got to unlock your members area entrance, it's the other code you got overthere!
    It would be just put in that code and you would be done.
    Does this step by step help?

For TDS it is just put in the keyfile in the TDS directory as instructed, maybe have to change or unzip it -- depends on how it is being send these days, reboot after install TDS and that should be ready too.

WormGuard same kind of put in the keyfile, reboot, continu configuring WormGuard.

5. stevens4

stevens4 Guest

Nope... Purchased TDS-3 & Port Explorer pack only!

Special Offer with them!

As explained earlier... only recieved the TDS key... and login instructions to the members area!

Downloaded and install and have unlock key... but no file for Port Explorer!

God Bless

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So please do email them at support@diamondcs.com.au mentioning this problem and how/when you bought the pack so they can investigate for you what happened. Unfortunately it's weekend now so early monday ...... Perth time.

7. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Just one or two more checks stephen, Can you check your TDS3 folder and make sure your port.pkf has not been extracted there by mistake or to wherever you may have extacted the file? Perhaps do a My computer search for port.pkf in case it has been inadvertantly misplaced

Thanks Pilli

8. stevens4

stevens4 Guest

Nothing to extract... it was just attached!

The attached file was only for TDS... the email only shown TDS... and made no mention of Port Explorer....

Once I logged into MEMBERS... there was Port Explorer and TDS with unlock key!

Wish I had the file... would of made my life easier!

Oh Well... God Bless

9. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Stephen, An email to DCS support will sort it out ASAP but probably not until Monday morning Perth time.

Meanwhile you can start to get to grips with the tools within TDS3 :)

Enjoy your weekend - Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.