New User - Trail version + ZoneAlarm Pro

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Littlemutt, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Hello, I've been looking about and have not seen any answers to my question, so please excuse if its already known.

I just dumped NAV 2005, and am using the Trial version of Nod32. In the Monitoring section of ZAP I see that ZA thinks I don't have any AV installed.
    How do I get ZA to recognize Nod32?

Also, Windows XPSP2 does not see the Nod32 application and I have to over-ride the error with the option of 'the AV will take care of itself'.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

As of right now there is nothing you can do other then what you have already done. Hopefully soon ZA and MS will update\patch their products to recognize NOD32. I have the same situation on my 4 PC`s. By the way, Welcome to Wilders.

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

No problems here with the full version.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But it is untrue . Windows Security Center should recongnise NOD32 . See the screenshot . I can guarantee 100% that this is valid both for the trial and the paid version

ZoneAlarm products recognise only big players such as Norton and McAfee . They don't consider ESET for big player .

Attached Files:

5. ThunderZ

Guess that is what I get for not having moved up to XP on my machine. :p I run Win 2K, the wife runs XP. Not all that long ago XP did not recognize NOD 32, also was giving me grief about ZA. So I disabled the feature. Sorry about the wrong info. :ninja:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem :D

7. ThunderZ

Thanks. Now we have to get back to the original topic. Why is it not recognized for Littlemutt?

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Well , about that , I would suggest Littlemutt remove any antiviruses that are currently in the computer . Have a look at Add/Remove programs for components left .

Then run SymNRT.exe to completely remove Norton applications .
    http://service1.symantec.com/suppor...f&view=0&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=

After that reinstall NOD32 . Do it in the following order :
    1) Uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
    2) Reboot
    3) Download the latest version of NOD32 from www.eset.com
    The latest trial version is 2.51.28
    4) Install it using these settings:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509
    5) Make sure the firewall ZA will allow NOD32 (nodkrn.exe) to go outside. Make sure you have stable internet connection and update it

Hope this helps . Otherwise it is a reg key that Norton has killed because by default it wants to turn off Security Center's alerts . If this doesn't help , email the TechSupport:
    support@eset.us
    support@eset.sk

:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.