New user, quick question...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by joggy, Mar 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joggy

joggy Registered Member

I'm trying NOD32 trial version out to replace my soon to be expired NAV 2003. This after many, many years of only using NAV on my Windows boxes. So far I do like NOD32 alot. Its excellent on resources and highly configurable.

One question though...if I have had the Control Center called up via clicking on icon in System Tray (Win XP Pro SP2) and subsequently Hide back to System Tray, once my PC goes idle and/or screensaver comes on if I go back to use my PC, the NOD Control Center is now minimized to the Taskbar instead. At first I thought I may have forgot to hide it and minimized instead, but this has happened at least 4 times since loading NOD32.

Anyone else experience similar?

2. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Mine works as expected although I can remember other applications doing similar things to what you're presently experiencing in the past on a previous install. I don't remember actuallr resolving what the cause was but it disappeared after my next re-install. I suspect that one of the applications I used to use was somehow responsible but there are too many in that category for me to nail it down so all I can really tell you is that my present install seems to be working great :)

3. joggy

joggy Registered Member

Appreciate the reply, thanks. I may end up buying so I'll need to uninstall/reinstall and I'll see if that fixes this.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

what are the OS specs?

XP SP1 - XP SP2 - Win2K?

Do you have the OS setup to return you without a password when you return the machine to active mode after screensaver activation?

Is this a regular screensaver, or a third-party add-in screensaver (I've known them to do strange things)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.