New User - Question about Mozilla SeaMonkey

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Dolemite, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolemite

Dolemite Registered Member

I switched to NOD32 4 about a week ago after using AVG (7.5, 8.5 and 9.0) for the past two years. I really like AVG 7.5, 8.5 was OK, but 9.0 Blue-Screened my desktop several times and my laptop once in the first week after installing it. Very happy with NOD32 so far. Seems to tax the system very little when compared to AVG 8.5 and 9.0 (AVG 7.5 also had very little impact on the speed of the system).

My question is does NOD32 4 protect incoming and outgoing e-mail when using Mozilla SeaMonkey e-mail client? I see that there is a plug-in for Outlook, Outlook Express and Mozilla Thunderbird, but nothing for SeaMonkey. Is there a way to use the Thunderbird plug-in for SeaMonkey? If not, is SeaMonkey still protected?

Thanks.

BTW, I'm using Windows XP Pro (until I can afford Windows 7 ultimate and a new PC!).

2. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

>My question is does NOD32 4 protect incoming and outgoing e-mail when using Mozilla SeaMonkey e-mail client?
    >If not, is SeaMonkey still protected?
    If you receive email over POP3 protocol, then your incoming messages should be scanned.

>Is there a way to use the Thunderbird plug-in for SeaMonkey?
    No, it isn't possible. Thunderbird extension integrates quite deep into Thunderbird.
    Probably in some future version.

3. stackz

stackz Registered Member

If you haven't changed any of the default scan settings, the bottom of incoming and outgoing pop3 mail should be tagged with something like:

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4563 (20091101) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

4. Dolemite

Thanks for the info. I do use POP3. I hope ESET does make a SeaMonkey Plug-in. The new SeaMonkey 2.0 is very good and it is really the only alternative for a free all-in-one app that handles browsing and e-mail.

Also, I do see the "The message was checked by ESET Smart Security." message using SeaMonkey, though I did change the so so that message is now hidden. I assume hiding the message does not stop the scanning.

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

That is correct :)

6. Dolemite

Thanks for all the info guys. Appreciate it. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.