New User of Paragon Drive Copy 9.0

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by MalP, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalP

MalP Registered Member

Hi,
    I have just installed Paragon Drive Copy V9.0 on my Windows XP computer.
    I purchased a 1TB external drive and wish to use it to save images of my various fixed Hard drives. The first thing I got was a notice that the software could not work with 3 of my drives-there was no space to put a volume copy.
    As a novice, I have no idea what this is all about or how to correct the situation. Entering this into a search of the Help resulted in zero entries. My three drives each have two partitions that use the entire disks, How do I create this space for a volume copy and what is a Volume Copy?
    Why doesn't the software at least start by explaining what is needed for it to work?
    Any help here would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    MalP

2. Caos

Caos Registered Member

Personal Recomendation: Read the manual and/or the program help.

Regards

3. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello MalP,

The software indicates that there is no free space to copy to because your external hard drive is already formatted. If the Hard Drive is empty, delete the partition(s) on the external hard drive by right-clicking the partition > delete partition.

Start the Drive Copy wizard again and you should have "free" space now.

If you plan to do a drive copy on a regular basis, I would suggest scheduling it to delete the existing partition and do the drive copy. Perform the steps mentioned above, and before clicking "Apply" go to Tools > Save to Scheduler.

-Tommy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.