New User-Need ID Blaster Help

Discussion in 'FileChecker & ID-Blaster Forum' started by joejo, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joejo

joejo Guest

When I run ID Blaster it puts a "Windows Media Player: Client ID" in Spybot and "2 Registry Values" in Ad-aware. I can have Spybot and Ad-aware fix them and as soon as I run ID Blaster they are back again in Spybot and Ad-aware. Am I doing something wrong or is there a work around for this so I don't have to keep deleting them?

I have Windows ME with Windows Media Player Version 7. In IDB Current Product ID Window it shows values for: Internet Explorer ID, Windows Product ID, and WMP 7/8 Product ID. Now in the Main ID Blaster Window I have a check mark in: WMP7+WMP8 Unique ID, Windows ID, Internet ID, Internet Explorer, WMP6 Unique ID, and Windows Media Player ID. Do I need WMP6 Unique ID checked if I have WMP 7 on my system?

Also am I to understand that I should have "Allow web sites to uniquely identify my player" Enabled.

Thanks for any help.

2. joejo

joejo Guest

Come on guys-am I the only one with this Windows Media Player problem?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Those two programs are identifying the Windows Media Player unique id value and flagging it - rightly so. On a normal system, that value wouldn't be changing and could easily uniquely identify you.

With ID-Blaster running, however, that value will constantly be changing and anyone trying to use it for tracking purposes won't have any luck. :D

By default, WMP will not use the unique id in the registry (which ID-Blaster randomizes) unless you check the above option. Instead, it will use its own pseudo-random value, which may not completely foil tracking attempts as parts of the value may stay the same.

I hope this helps,

-Javacool

4. joejo

joejo Guest

I have Windows Media Player 7 so I can uncheck WMP6 Unique ID right?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

Hi,

Can you tell me where this option is in WMP 9? The ID seems to be randomising ok but I can't find the option you talk about in WMP itself.

Thanks - sorry if I'm being thick... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.