New user need help!

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Valkyri001, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:oops: Where do I put the question and how often do I check back for answers??
    If I stay on line will replies appear as they come up?
    o_O What does it meen when a post is .. moved.. what do i do then o_O Is there someone who can help me not clutter things up o_O

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Greetings Valkyri001,

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums! :)

Well, there are many topic related forums here. Generally, you look for the one that fits what you want to talk about and put your new thread there. It's always best to provide as much information and detail about what you are talking about. (Sometimes people put one small fragmented line in a post and we don't know what they are asking. :doubt: )

You'll notice that there are some specific product forums (DCS' TDS, Wormguard, etc; NOD32; LooknStop; Javacool and so on), and there are some general forums ("other firewalls" or "other anti-virus software" etc.) So, just pick the one closest to what you want.

As for checking back, well some forums move very quickly. Sometimes responses happen in a couple minutes, but some topics are more obscure and may take a few days to get answers. You can always spend some time reading in the forums while you wait.

Yes, as long as you refresh your page... You need to click on a forum index or the main index to refresh it to see if new posts have happened.

We sometimes move posts if we think the topic would fit better in a different section. This should not be perceived as a problem... We've had people get offended because we moved their posts, but that is just silly. We want to keep things organized and we decide where a post is best served. To be worried or offended that a post is moved is really not something to get worked up about.

We will. ;) Don't worry. If you post in the wrong section, we'll take care of moving it where it belongs. And for a few days we'll leave a "MOVED:" post placeholder where the original thread was to point you to where we moved it. But, you need to look at the index page of the forum to see the moved placeholder.

:)

3. Valkyri001

:) I think i can handle that! Thanks! I noticed that my questions were in (quote) that doesnt meen I quote everything does it? just a reply will do?

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Just one quick note.... When posting a new topic or replying to a topic, if you check the "Notify of replies:" box, an e-mail will be sent to you when the next reply is posted to that topic.

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

5. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Valkyri001

Quotes are not always necessary, just help sometimes when there are multiple questions/answers.

Regards,

CrazyM

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Also, if there is a topic you wish to follow without posting to it, you can click the "notify" button at the bottom of the page and an e-mail will be sent to you as replies are posted to that topic....

HTH....

Regards,
    Kent

- Narrowed image to thin thread width.
    Thanks LWM, Kent

Attached Files:

7. little eagle

little eagle Registered Member

8. Valkyri001

:DThis ain't to tough! Thanks for all the help! Now I'm going to try updating my profile. Y'all just be patient.
    :p :p Sometimes you have to develope questions??

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Plenty of patience here ;)

Welcome to Wilders from me too, and you're off to a good start! Questions are how the discussions get started!

10. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SPLIT: New user need help! - Reinstall Info...

Question regarding finding safe information about reinstalling... Moved to "Software & Services" section at this link:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=22034

- And I moved your's over with it Sub. ;)

11. Valkyri001

:)Well I'm back.
    o_OHow can I e-mail another member. The left screen button wants address.

12. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Good - welcome once more ;)

I"m not sure what you mean. In case you want to email to another person, you will need his/hers email address.

regards.

paul

13. Valkyri001

:)I know how this sounds but, in another topic I was watching, someone said e-mail me, I didn't think that was possible without address. Had to ask though!
    I stand corrected, just re-read, my mistake.
    "at link in this thread"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.