New user in a hurry

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by djmorgan, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

Just loaded NOD32 this evening and have not read the manual yet.

I use a download manager 'Reget' and when it downloaded a file it used my old scanner nav32 and I could use a switch like /f noresults so the file was scanned but the results screen would not show unless of course a nasty was found.

Is there a similar switch with NODo_O??

Secondly why does not want to scan a usb drive? it always gives this error

"Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 3. physical disk. Error reading sector."

As I have 2 hardrives attached with 7 partitions the only drive I can see as being "3" would be the usb drive attached to my printer for reading drives out of my camera, I can't see a way to stop NOD from trying to read this drive OR am I wrong and there is a problem with my MBR on a HD?

2. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

3. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

First - slow down... NOD32 is a very powerful AV solution, but you need to spend a few minutes configuring it for best performance, although the new 2.5 settings are defaulted to a better set of defaults than 2.12 was, you can still benefit from taking a few minutes to go through BlackSpear's optimum settings... these are found HERE

As already posted, the MBR error is usually a card-reader type device masquerading as a disk drive in windows and you can ignore it without a single worry.

hth

Greg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.