New user having problems with bootable media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by memnoch, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memnoch

memnoch Registered Member

Hi all,

I have recently downloaded a trial of Workstation 9.1 and can only get the bootable media to work in Safe mode. In full it crashes every single time on one of my machines. On the others it seems to work okay. I have tried the "acpi=off noapic" trick and that doesn't seem to make any difference. The last two lines when it fails are:

/bin/insmod piix
    /lib/modules/piix.o

I have ran some Google searches and it appears to be drive controller related. I want to be able to drop the backups on to a USB drive but that won't work by the looks of it.

System spec:
    Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
    MSI 975X Platinum Powerup Edition
    2GB Corsair Dominator XMS2 PC2 6400 CAS 3439
    2 x 150GB WD Raptor X RAID 0
    1 x WDC WD800 80GB

Kind regards,

Howard

2. memnoch

I'm guessing that the easy way to do it would be to build a BartPE disk and add the plugin. I'm guessing that quite a few users here use that method?

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

BartPE is highly recommended see the sticky thread for links https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29880.

4. memnoch

I found the culprit in the end. It was the JMicron® JMB361 controller. With this disabled in the BIOS it works perfectly. The module piix.o appears to try and load but fails.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I understand that that particular controller is a headache for a number of folks, including ones not using ATI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.