New Updates Can Not Be Enabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by SonarAZ, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonarAZ

SonarAZ Registered Member

I am running SpywareBlaster version 3.5.1. I did a manual update yesterday and after selecting enable all protection it indicated 92 items have protection disabled. Internet Explorer and Firefox protection show zero items disabled.

I opened the Restricted Sites screen and put a check in the box of all the items in red. I then clicked on the Protect Against Checked Items button and it took a couple of minutes to complete. When it completed I watched the check disappear from the box of the items I had just checked. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled SpywareBlaster and it did the same thing when I installed the updates.

The number of items in the database is now 5604. I am running Spyware Doctor and Spy Sweeper. I keep them updated and run them on a regular basis. The only thing they are now finding is cookies. I am also running XP Pro which has all the current updates.

Do you have any idea why I can not enable protection against the new items?

Thanks

SonarAZ

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The slowness to complete and SpySweeper is usually associated with a known issue with Spysweeper and Spywareblaster. Please take a look at the below Forum sticky and let us know if that clears up this problem for you.

Having trouble setting the Restricted Sites protection in SpywareBlaster ?

4. steveke

steveke Registered Member

You probably need to disable Spysweeper's IESecurity Shield-then enable.

I have Spysweeper and had this problem-then it went away-and uipon checking after seeing your post-I saw that I also had a number where protection was disabled. I turned off the Ie Security shield in Spysweeper and went and enabled all protection in Spywareblaster and all were enabled. I then turned SS shield back on and just checked and they are all enabled.

I could swear that my status screen showed 0 items disabled before I did this.

But anyhow, I think this will be your answer and I am gla d I saw your post. I thought this was over.

I read at the SS forum that there is still a problem with the IE Security shield where it will forget instructions from you upon reboot. This supposed to be fixed soon.

hopefully that will be the end of this conflict.

5. SonarAZ

SonarAZ Registered Member

Thanks to everyone that replyed. The problem turned out to be SpySweeper. It was preventing the new updates from being enabled.

I disabled SpySweeper, selected all unchecked items in SpywareBlaster and this time all protection was enabled.

Restarted Spy Sweeper and checked SpywareBlaster again and everything is enabled.

Thanks,

SonarAZ

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Glad we could help. :D

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.