New TV and Cable Help (Software Based)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by whitedragon551, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Alright I got my new TV. I went with a 26 and decided to put it in my bedroom rather than the living room.

Its an RCA L26HD35D.

I also just got Comcast cable. I have their digital start package. They messed up and gave me a digital DVR. I ended up with the Motorola DCX 3400.

The TV is connected to the DVR via a cable (Not sure what its called). It has red, green, blue, (video) and then 2 more for white and red (audio). Its all 1 set of cords.

The DVR is connected to the coax in the wall.

I bought an HDMI cord from Monoprice. 12ft for $10 shipped. It works perfectly. When I have the digital cable box on I have the HDMI in the HDMI slot 1 on the TV and the only HDMI slot on the cable box. It allows 720p.

When I want the laptop for netflix or downloaded clips or just to use as a second monitor I pull the HDMI out of the cable box and plug it into my laptop. If Im streaming netflix I have to manually go into my Realtek HD Audio control panel and set the HDMI Output as the default sound device to get any sound on the TV through HDMI otherwise its silent. This is where the software part comes in. Im looking for a way or a software that will automatically detect that I have HDMI plugged in and will automatically switch the sound default so I dont have to do it every time.

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Not quite auto-detection but simpler than going into the control panel - STADS or maybe VAC.
    Beyond these you can wait for the next available operator or post on an appropriate forum.

3. whitedragon551

I tried Vista Audio Changer and it was a click short of doing it my way. Not really worth having it installed and running at startup to prevent a single click. The other I havent used yet, but from the homepage it seems alot like VAC. Neither really do what Im looking for. The Realtek HD Audio is basically the same thing.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't nVidia have their own HDMI audio settings?

5. whitedragon551

Not sure. If that was the case then why would the Realtek HD Audio software be able to change and mess with the GPU?

Just had a look. The NVIDIA control panel only controls the NVIDIA Physx and the GPU properties such as color settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.