New to Zone Alarm Pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by d_sotos, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_sotos

d_sotos Registered Member

Re: Closing Port 1025

I am new to Zonealarm Pro. Could you please explain what should I do?

Thank you

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Re: Closing Port 1025

Hi d_sotos

... and welcome to Wilders :)

I have moved your post to this forum so you will get the firewall specific input you are probably after.

Is it general configuration suggestions you are after? ie. local server/internet server?

Regards,

CrazyM

3. d_sotos

d_sotos Registered Member

Thanks for the reply!
    I am trying to make my port 1025 stealth. Before Zonealarm pro I was using Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and everything was ok.
    Now, I have Internet server allowed only for the programs I know they are safe (firefox, opera etc) and everything else is in ask mode (this with the ?). So, what should I do in order to have this port stealthed but not exactly "blocked", I mean if a program wants to do something with this port, I want it to ask me first.
    I hope you got my question.
    Thank you very much

Regards
    d_sotos

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

On my system vsmon.exe is using Port 1025.

Go to Program Control, click the Programs tab, then try giving every single entry under the 'Server' column a red cross. With Server rights denied to every prog you should be fully stealthed. You only need to grant Server rights to those progs that absolutely need it - and very few, if any, do need such rights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.