New to TI questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by playivorys, Aug 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playivorys

playivorys Registered Member

Hi Team,

Just wanted to ask a few questions as I have read over the forum about imaging and restoring from cd's/dvds. I have been able to get good image backups and verifications but have not done a restore yet thats next. Currently I create the image of my primary active partition from the startup CD boot disk and then image to a firewire drive (Fat32). I allow it to split automatic ( Version 8 bld 768 ) and it makes 4G files. I then use nero udf option to write the 4gig files to DVD(rw).
    I suppose in a failure I would restore the version of image I want back to the firewire and then do the restore using another pc or laptop if not already on the firewire.
    Questions:
    1. Could I simply restore the image directly from the DVD using this config without going back to the firewire drive?
    2. Is this method sound or should I be using another method.
    3. I will test this with my rewritable dvd's but can I mount the image from dvd and restore files?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You should be able to restore from the dvd/rw, having booted from the Ti boot disk.
    Or you can copy the tib files to the second partition and restore to the active partition you referrred to.
    The external method doesn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.