new to nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by trippin, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trippin

trippin Registered Member

Sup everyone well this is my first time posting in this forum recently found it along wit this nod32 antivirus prog.
    My first question is i currently run nav2003 but just installed nod32 which program do you guys recommend more. Also for nod32 it sometimes lags my computer when its running in the background (amon) whenever i open it up i notice its always scanning something i have no idea how to make this stop. Is it normal for it to be scanning the whole time is that how the auto protection works with it.
    And also any tips to improve nod32 or info would be good
    Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi trippin,
    I'm glad you found us here. Welcome!
    Well, since this is the official NOD32 forum, most here will answer they prefer NOD32, of course. However, NAV is a good product, and if it works well for you, then that's what counts.
    Amon will scan files as they are accessed. Whether you are actually running something yourself or not, your computer is running parts of the OS, and there are other applications running in the background all the time, too, so that is why there is always scanning happening with NOD.
    Opinions vary on this, but, if you find a certain program or file is constantly being scanned, over and over, and you think that is causing a slowdown, you can set up exclusions (to prevent Amon from scanning that item or items), which may make a big difference in performance.

The reason opinions vary is that some people are concerned that a virus might slip through to that file if you aren't constantly scanning it. I don't subscribe to this if we're talking about a file (executable) that is always open (locked), in my opinion it'd be hard and unlikely for that file to be replaced by a virus if it's locked. But, as I said, opinions vary - I'm sure others will comment on this.

Hopefully others will also give you more ideas about configurations and changes you can make to help NOD32 run better on your system while you are evaluating it.

Best Wishes,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.