New to NOD32 and NEW computer

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rumboogy, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumboogy

rumboogy Registered Member

Being a Norton user over the past 10-15 years...I have now switched to NOD32.

Besides Norton being "bloatware" that I became tired of...I just thought it was time for a change.

So with my new computer, a 2.4Ghz with 4GB DDR2 RAM and VISTA Windows Home Premium 64bit.

My problem is that after I installed NOD32, a couple of days later I was getting the BLUE screen of death doing a data dump. I have uninstalled it for now.

With that said, I have had SEVERAL compatibility issues...so the problem of the blue screen may or may not be related to the NOD32 program.

My only question (after that lengthy intro) is...has anyone else experienced the blue screen of death caused by NOD32...I really would like to reinstall this software as opposed to going back to Norton.

Thanks for any replies, comments and help.

Wally

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Wally !

It might the fact that your Norton still have tracks left and not removed .

1. Make sure all Symantec entries are removed from Control Panel->Add/Remove programs

2. Download Symantec's Norton removal tool
    Only Step 3 here

3. After you have it , run it and follow the instructions to uninstall any possible leftovers of Norton

4. Reboot your computer

5. Configure your computer to create a full memory dump instead of minu-dump - you can read how here . Note pictires are for XP but it should be similar in Vista

6. Go to C:\Program files and manually delete the folder ESET

7. Download the latest fresh version of NOD32 v 2.7 Trial version or Full paid version

8. Install NOD32 from the file you just downloaded
    Use "Typical" install

9. Make sure you have stable internet connection and NOD32 (nod32krn.exe) is allowed to go through your firewall. Then Update NOD32 !

Enjoy and hope you have no more problems . In case you still get BSOD , contact Eset technical support by writing to support@eset.com and giving them a link to this thread :thumb:

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Just an FYI, on my test machine I've had no issues whatsoever with NOD32 2 or 3 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.