New to GSS . . .

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by dHodges, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dHodges

dHodges Guest

Greetings from LeonSprings, Texas USofA,

Only a USER not very good at that either. Wondering what will be reverted when the 14 days are up or will any settings that I will not have access remain locked and not adjustable any longer? Or will they revert to what was the default settings?

Being retired and not very comfortable, financially, plan on using only in the FREE variety, until maybe some comfort comes my way.

Should I leave thingys set to the default and not make any changes?

Thank you for reading my inquiry,

2. dHodges

dHodges Guest

Excuse me, all I can come up with are more questions.

For the registry HK_C_U\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Currentversion\Run if there are not any entries for this should or could this be blocked or read only? Any other entries that are "MT." vacant, could or should they be set to block or ReadOnly or some feature that prevents the system from checking them? If and when one is needed or requires usage how would we go back in here or somewhere to reactivate their availability?

Thank you for reading this one/w several inquiries,

3. xtree

xtree Registered Member

Hello dHodges,

The problem with HIPS like GSS is that it needs some 'tech' knowledge to use them properly. It's ok that it gives you a pop up window asking for your decision whenever something new happens (almost complete control) but it is you whose knowledge GSS depends on. The more you know the more you can control safely. If you do not want to dig into this subject - for whatever reason - I would suggest you use another prog similar but easier to handle.
    See 'other anti-malware software' or 'other firewalls' sections for freebies here at wilderssecurity.
    Xtree

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.