New to ESET

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by tjemartin, Dec 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjemartin

tjemartin Registered Member

Hey all,

I just downloaded the free trial of ESET Smart Security ver. 4.2.67.10 and deciding to give it a try...

I've been a Mcafee Total Protection user for the last couple of years. Just have one question, since I have ESET Smart Security is it pointless for me to be running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware at the same time?

For spyware, Malwarebytes did a far better job detecting spyware than Mcafee did, which is the reason I had it running while I had Mcafee on my system

2. stackz

stackz Registered Member

As long as you don't experience any conflict between the two, I'd keep MBAM running alongside ESS.

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

I've used (Real-time) MBAM with ESS for some time and it always appears in "suggested apps" Forum posts for flushing out problem situations.

FYI should you consider other apps: I ALSO have SuperAS Pro but I NOW have to let SAS load at Startup and then "Manually Open" MBAM/updates/activate Real-time as my Win XP began locking up at boot-up with all of 'em loading at the same time. I presume that was from an update to one or more as boot freezes with all 3 didn't happen for a long time.

4. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello tjemartin
    Congratulation with a good choice of security software. But even though that Ess 4 is a good choice, it's always good to have a second opinion; but please notice that running to AV solutions in real-time will probably only leads to incompatibility issues, and frustrations. So if you choose Malwarebytes as your second scanner run that only on demand. :)
    Best Regards

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

tjemartin, that is what I am using. I use ESS for real time amd MBAM for back up. Esets works very well on all my computers. It grabbed a couple of nastys last night while my son was using his laptop, studying,:rolleyes: and they turned out to be real malware. But Eset and MBAM go well together.:)

6. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

I use ESS and MBAM
    I have ESS scheduled to run very Wednesday morning (when im at work)
    and MBAM scheduled to run Sunday nights.

I have not experienced any conflicts with ESS and MBAM real-time protection thus far.

ESS and Super AntiSpyware play nice together as well (AFAIK)

Welcome to the ESET Club!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.