New to ESET - client IP address issue

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by winstonsmith84, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winstonsmith84

winstonsmith84 Registered Member

I've recently been given the task of going over the ESET Remote Admin Console and making sure all hosts are up to date. There are a few that are messing with me though. One client PC is reporting (under remote install tab) that it hasn't connected in two months. So I right clicked on it and chose Windows Push Install. Under Install Tasks tab I saw that it said the operation was successful. I even remoted into that particular client and checked on that end and ESET says it is up to date. Every day ESET still reports that this client hasn't connected in two months. It was then that I noticed that ESET lists that client IP address as 2.196 when in fact that machine has an IP of 2.180. So is this reason that ESET thinks this client hasn't connected in two months when it actually has? Why is it reporting the wrong IP address for this machine? I can't ping the 2.196 address so I have no idea what PC has this address now. I don't have access to the DHCP server so I'm not sure how to find out what PC had the 2.196 IP two months ago since I assume that's the one that actually hasn't checked in for two months.

Any ideas what I should do? This software is still new to me so I don't know why it's telling me this machine hasn't checked in for so long when it clearly has.

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

winstonsmith84,

The workstation reporting the ip address mentioned, that has not connected is an old record, meaning the information is old and no longer relevant. The workstation can still be updating via port 2221. However, it is not reporting in any longer. Verify that the client has the correct hostname or ip address setup in the remote administration area via the advanced setup. ( on v4 hit F5 on UI and go to Misc > Remote Administration, on V5 hit F5 on the UI, and expand tools > Remote administration).

Regards,
    Jesus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.