New to Comodo FW Need browser help

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by AaLF, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

New to Comodo FW. Nice FW. Like the sandboxed browsers.

I access my browsers via the Comodo Sandbox widget.
    I want to add a couple of more browsers to the Widget.
    The Comodo Geek told me to set it up in Kiosk.
    I don't like kiosk. I lose access to my start button & desktop etc I like my Windows 7 desktop.
    No worries said he. You just set it up in kiosk but retain your Windows 7 desktop layout

I couldn't find the 'how to'.

Anyone done this?

2. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Might have better luck getting an answer from the Comodo forums. Anyways, this is what I could find on the widget. I'm guessing your not using IE, Firefox, Chrome or Dragon? Presuming it supports, the widget should show an icon for your browser. If it doesn't, I'd consult Comodo for further guidance. Otherwise, it should have a green border after you click on it. This indicates that it is sand-boxed according to the FAQ. Under the defense + help thread, you can find a bookmarked threads with additional details. Apparently there are browser URL commands associated with the sandbox in particular. I'm not going to post the link for this one as its easy to navigate to on there site.

Reference:
    httx://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-451-4704-The-Widget.html

3. AaLF

AaLF Registered Member

Thanks Techwiz. Transgressing, u have Comodo FW & Sandboxie. U prefer the extra program of Sboxie rather than the comodo widget?

4. guest

guest Guest

Right click your browser's desktop shortcut and select "Run in Comodo Sandbox" is basically the same thing... if you don't really need to stare at the fancy looking widget. :D

5. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

Sandboxie is certainly a more mature sand-boxing application. I'm much more familiar with its use and the developer is very supportive. Both products certainly have their uses and limitations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.