New to Beta and (NOD32)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by Tsoilihoi, Aug 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsoilihoi

Tsoilihoi Registered Member

Very impressed with the program.

1. While using NOD 32 I became aware of false positives. (NewHeur)
    While submitting files to change the ESET's data base is ok, an exceptions list is to me a better option. So for the real time scan there is a list in IMON. So too,with the on demand scanner where the local scan is set with Advanced Heuristics, off.

So that's the technique that I set out to use with this beta...
    'cept there is not 'ceptions list. So I turned of advanced heuristics in the
    smartscan setup-> threatsense engine parameter setup ->method ->
    unchecked "advanced heuristics". That for the scan. Not a perfect solution.

Another Idea, I had was to run the custom scan and uncheck the known file. In my case, ABCOutlk.exe, a message archiver for Outlook. It might be nice to be able to SAVE a custom scan configuration or at least have the last changes remain the default. Perhaps then one could define a quick spyware/virus check for the my documents and settings, and windows folders and subs.

In this beta, for real-time scanning, advanced heuristics had to be turned off, there is no exceptions list.

2. I disabled the spam module and did not get confirmation. I unchecked the box and later pushed disable. No verification. It seemed non responsive.
    However, I went out of the program windows all together and came back in and spam was disabled. I think that there should be some audible or visual confirmation at the time of clicking.

Otherwise love this program. I don't expect to upgrade from this 2.4 gig dell, nor use Vista in the near future, so I am pleased with the performance of these fine programs.

Nice to join your beta group

Paul

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I have installed the latest demo version of ABC Amber Outlook Converter and ESS didn't report a single file as suspicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.