new to avira

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mike21, Aug 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I am trying avira premium suite.

In the configuration > expert mode > firewall > popup settings, I set:

1. Remember action for this application: always disabled
    2. Show details: always show details

Every time I reboot these settings reset to default settings, i.e.

1. Always enabled
    2. Show details on demand

Also can in the configuration > expert mode > Scan > Action for concerning files: I set it to automatic so the scan will finish without my interaction. When it finishes the scan, and suppose there are 3 detections, how can I delete only one of them from inside avira? I mean is there a way to go to the infected files and delete them without go through the text report?

2. Arup

Arup Guest

Hi,

Post this question at the Avira forum, the techs there will be able to help you out.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

That's one option but there are a number of knowledgeable Avira users here.

4. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Thats why I posted here, if you look at the polls sub-forum, avira is the 1st choice in the new poll - to tell you the truth, I was also lazy to make a registration just for one question.

5. Arup

Arup Guest

See yours is a particular situation which is above the norm and only a Avira tech can sort it out better than others. Remmeber action is mostly kept enabled by all.

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Arup is right, it sounds like a bug of some sort that relates to your system or setup, and not to everyone. In this type of situation, it's usually best to post on the product's forums and get help from Avira experts.

However, on the 2nd part of your post relating to configuration, someone here may very well know the answer.... Also, if it's a feature you want to see in Avira, the best place to voice it is in the Avira forums.

7. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Thanks for replying Kerodo but I dont think the bug relates to my system or set up because I have tried it in home and work PCs with same results.

8. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I enabled the firewall across my 5 computers I cant seem to reproduce your results my self. Arup maybe right you need to talk to a tech. as it could be a Number of reasons why its doing that and we would just be shooting in the dark if we tryed to fix it here. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.