New to ATI and confused

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Virgil, Aug 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Virgil

Virgil Registered Member

Does True Image 8.0 support writing directly to a DVD-R or a DVD+R blank? Every time that I attempt to backup to these types of media the software continues to prompt me for a blank disc.

I usually end up backing up the partition to another drive with the files split at 700 meg and then using one of the CD burning programs to copy the files to DVD's. I would like to be able to backup directly to a DVD-R.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Virgil,

In order to image "direct" to DVD TI requires that you have third party UDF packet writing software running in the background e.g. Nero InCD.

To DVD-R? No. To DVD+R? Yes, but only if you're using Roxio Drag-to-Disk and have used it to "format" the DVD prior to use. If you haven't got Roxio Drag-to-Disk then you'll have to image direct to DVD+/-RW media that has been preformatted with some other suitable packet writing software.

If you haven't already done so, please read <Acronis True Image 8 Online FAQ #20>.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.