new to ADSL and LnS

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Chalawah, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

Hi I am new to ADSL1 and Lns....been with dialup and ZA for years, finally made the move away....heh.

I am using Phant0m's Ruleset v7 build 5, but even with the Advanced Ruleset I am having problems with something....I am not sure what it is, and I don't know how to ask as thew language is all new to me. Phant0m has been terrific in providing help, and cannot pin down the cause. :doubt:

Rather than post from the beginning here, I am hoping someone at Wilders might follow the link to my OP at Phant0m's MtOlympus Forum...

http://www.mntolympus.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2668&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Your time valued!

Julienfamilyman aka Chalawah

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

does your internet connection still work? id just disable the sound and not worry about it too much.

i get similar entries myself but i just have a modem not a router.

3. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Chalawah,

I have read your link,and I had problem just like your's
    and the Belkin Tech support 1-877-736-5771,had my router reset and fixed within the hour with the correct settings.

If your not a Belkin Tech?,it is very tricky to fix some
    firewall settings on these routers,best to speak with them first and that will save your hours of time.

These Tech's know all there routers inside out!,and have fixed all my problems over the phone 3 times so far and with no charge.

Good Luck and hope the number works for you in your location,if not check your box it came in.

KuSh

4. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

Thanks for your time in replying WSFuser, but I'd rather get to the bottom of the issue and hopefully empower myself to learn the cause. Yep, internet connecting fine thanks.

Kush, My ISP supplied the Belkin, and shipped it in their own box with very little info, including no telephone number for tech support [ISP dont supply tech suppprt either]! Great to hear you had a good experience....I Googled for Belkin my area but don't get home in time from work to telephone them, hopefully I will get a chance to soon.

Or maybe someone wil drop by with just what I have been requiring to set up successfully.

Go well,

Chalawah

5. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

SSDP and Universal Plug and Play services aren’t running, double check to ensure UPnP feature on the router actually has been disabled and APPLIED!

That UDP port, that Router generated traffic does in-fact still point to UPnP activities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.