New ThreatFire feature ?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Kees1958, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

As always, your feedback on this latest update would be appreciated.

Just wanted to let you know Becky, that the Avast Home Web Shield pops up an alert that it has detected a Trojan when I download the latest ThreatFire from the website to my Desktop.

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Have you sent this to avast support at virus[at]avast[dot]com ?

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

I will try, but since the Avast alert asks me if I want to abort, I'm not sure how to do it. I should be able to figure it out though. Well maybe. LOL. This is funny as I was unable to install TF, and now that I can through djames help, this is happening. No big deal though, I'm sure it will be taken care of quickly.

Ok downloaded TF again and submitted the file to Awil. It was very easy. Here it is.
    Win32:Klone-RX [trj] in D:\Download - D\ThreatFire\tfinstall.exe\{app}\TFMisc.dll

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  4. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Liking this version so far it plays well with Comodo Pro Firewall with D+, Also have the slider maxed out to 5. I like the shut down now its as it should be no more delayed hang to shut down. :)

current setup:
    XpProS2 ThreatFire 3.0.13, Comodo Pro, and Returnil 2.0.0.2621.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Why ask me?

Check it for yourself. All you need to do is run AutoRuns and count the drivers, or you could go to your System32/Drivers folder. Thats where you'll find them.

And i don't make claim that these 4 drivers are evidence, only speculation, and i always been pretty good at driving to the bottom of program/performance issues.

But be that as it may, i still must stand by my suspicions that it's in the way that these drivers are compiled OR the pure numbers of them that have made for continuous problems in the past as well as those i still read about with ThreatFire.

6. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

As you say, EASTER. I'm sure your outstanding reputation for accurate claims speaks for itself.

7. chasbox

chasbox Registered Member

I'm trying the new version and as soon as ThreatFire asked to reboot i hit restart and it froze. I tried shutdown and nothing I also tried TaskManager and it wouldn't open. Again i had to do a hard shutdown. This time i didn't uninstall TheartFire, i tried it again. This time it seems to be working. We'll see what happens.

8. Matern

Matern Registered Member

Check on Website if you have the new fixed Version, it works.

9. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

AVAST signatures have updated and the new version of Threatfire is no longer being flagged as having a trojan.

10. chasbox

Check what on the website

11. chasbox

After the initial glitch, ThreatFire seems to be running fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.