New Sygate Crashing

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rainwalker, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings,
    I am unable to run Sygate 5.5. In 'Security' i checked all boxes ( did the same in 5.1 ) and removed all server rights from all apps. Things seem to work fine for a min. or two then system lockes up and i see a steady communication between my system and the web via computer icons in tray. This only lasts for a few seconds then system crashes hard; as though i pulled the power cord. I have downloaded setup twice thinking first one may have been corrupt. Have tried a few times to get it to work to no avail. Had to go back to older version and it SEEMS fine. Anyone with any ideas?
    o_O

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

i have similar symptoms with the latest release, sygate firewall(pro) just kinda stops and i'll have to restart it manually

3. Rainwalker

Well again, my entire system goes kaput :oops:

4. Rainwalker

I should mention that i did a full system scan w/ TDS-3,my virus checker, my spyware checker, cleaned up bit and pieces left behing after removing older version with Reg Vac and did a clean install. Everything SEEMED ok :doubt:

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hm well perhaps this is reason for me to stick with my Syate 5.0?
    Hopefully we'll have some more input soon on this issue.

6. mnosteele

mnosteele Registered Member

I have installed the new vesion on multiple pcs without any problems. Did you uninstall 5.1 first? if not you should.

:)

7. Rainwalker

Yes, I uninstalled 5.1 first then cleaned up with RegVac. I was using Firebird but would not think that would make a difference.

8. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Hello Old Friend!! Welcome;)

9. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

If you are running XP have you checked your event log in the admin tools to see if there is any indication there about the crashes? I did run Sygate Pro but left it before installing the last update. The only trouble I had was the shutdown error which really annoyed me. I remember reading a post about a crash similar to yours and the Mod. told the member to make sure and do a complete uninstall (which you have done) but also defrag the HD before a reinstall. I am not sure if this would help if you try another uninstall; I would also clean out the Prefetch folder before re-installing for a completely clean start. HTH

10. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

If you are using NOD, the new http scanner needs to be turned off or the latest Sygate will not run or install correctly, there seems to be some kind of LSP conflict between the two. The same for ZASS, disable IMON's http scanner and ZA works as advertised (at least on my system).

11. Honyak

Honyak Registered Member

It annoys me too and you cannot get an explanation or information about it from sygate forum. The best and only solution I have seen is clear the pre fetch folder before shutting down. DUH! That's a bunch of crap.
    They just need to fix it.
    I do not uninstall and use another because I like it and it works on my comp with no conflicts and have used it for years only trialing other firewalls but always coming back to it.

12. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i have nod32 and sygate working perfectly together, however, whenever i shutdown/restart my computer, smc.exe crashes. it crashes at the shutdown screen, so it isnt much to worry but it is annoying. and when will sygate work with winxp sp2 security center?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.