New software for analysing your system security.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Arup, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arup

Arup Guest

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Not effective depending . For example . I scored an F on threat . The reasons like Active X being enabled was wrong . I use Outpost Pro and have it set to block all the things I SUPPOSEDLY failed . It does not recognize Outpost or what it does . Apparently , since it does not detect Outpost , it only looks at how your settings are on the computer itself . Just wanting you to purchase their product . Their product is very good . No doubt . I have used it . But , this test can be VERY wrong . Use with caution . Do not believe everything you see.

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Thanks,

I thought so originally when I saw their paid product, another way to lure you into sales.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I just tried this thing, and I agree totally with HollywoodPC. It gave me an F on security software cause it didn't recognize F-Prot. Also I don't think it accounted for PG and TDS etc. I don't know about their other software, but based on this, I would tend to stay away.

Pete

5. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Something else I find sad about this . For hotfixes and patches , I scored an A- . The minus is because I am missing a cumulative patch for IE6 SP 1 . I USE SP 2 !! Ok then . I guess that is enough about this .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.