New Security Website Just out!

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Lordofdark176, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys, i wanna tell you about my site i just started. Its a great security website but its kinda empty. I need people to come and join and post. The site is http://securitywarns.com/ Please bring your freinds if you join.

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I like the interface.

I'll check it out.

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I registered a user and went through successfully, but when I click on most of the links, I get a "Menu Disabled" message and something telling me I do not have rights to view the page?

o_O

4. What forums are you trying to access?

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

NM, I got it...I just had to log back in again.

Hmm...it said I was logged in and then made me log in again.

6. I just reuploaded the index.php file, i had to fix a error. Search nto working :s

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: search in /home/andrew/public_html/index.php on line 654

This is the error I get when I click "View New Posts"

8. Lordofdak176

Lordofdak176 Guest

:( wahts going on. Im tryin to fix it.

9. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hello Lordofdark176, and welcome to Wilders.

I've had a quick look at your site - nice and dark - and surprised a bit how familiar it looks to Gladiator Security Forum in setup and exact wording. So do we know you by any chance, as a member of GSF or as a registered member here? :)

snap

10. lol :s yeah i did use their stuff. This is my first security forum, i dnot kow what to use. sry

11. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I think you did a great job with the setup. Don't fret! You'll get all the bugs worked out :D

12. Yeah but probly not now, its 12:09 am, i got school in 6 hours lol and at any time parents could catch me up. its dangerious business :p

13. Ok well turns out its a corrupt instalation :( i gota reinstall entire board. You should see forum up somet time tomorrow.

14. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Well, since you have used their setup along with their exact wording under the descriptions for the copied sections, I believe getting their permission would definitely be not only polite, but required.

Regards,

snap

15. what u mean their setup?

16. Lurkerella

Lurkerella Guest

Uh-oh! Might be a looong nite, Snapdragin! :D

17. DontGetIt___

DontGetIt___ Guest

Why do what other sites are already doing.... and doing wello_O I think your enthusiasm is great, but be responsible. There's nothing wrong with the security forums that are on the web now. Why do you need your own?

18. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I love the aesthetic :D You might try cutting down on the number of forums to begin with, though. Start with some simple forums and add more as they become relevant.. it would probably be easier to start an actual 'community' that way. You would especially want that before undertaking a 'help' type forum for those that find themselves infected. Pick your favorite topics and consolidate.

Looking good, though. Good luck.

19. Thanks. Well i got a working copy of ipb and im uploading it now. Lets hope it works. Btw i got to bed at 2:30 am lol i had 4 hours of sleep b4 school :p

20. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

This is all I get from the link....

Attached Files:

21. Yah...right now im uploading forum again. it will be online soon. I had a corrupted instalation before, this one should work.

22. [sry about double post but i dont got edit button, im guest] Well its fixed now, i jsut gotta add the forums. I like ur idea Notok about starting wiht a community. Im gonna do that.

23. Kye-U

Kye-U Security Expert

24. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

::sigh::

Let's see... Using someone else (Gladiator's) forum descriptions... And, probably using a pirated version of forum software... :ninja:

You are truly off to a great start there. :blink: :rolleyes:

Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.