New Security Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by StevieO, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

I know this has been mentioned before, but there is a new version available, and Beta testers are being sought for this interesting App.

This V2.0 update is a GUI version.

It's called an AV of sorts, but it appears to be more than that.

Here are the details.

INFORMATION

The main aim of this software is to create a free, low resource usage anti-virus scanner for everyone. It's open source and protected by the GPL so that the continuation and progression of its technology can be added upon as and when virus's come into circulation.

The technology isn't like other Anti-Virus scanners, there is no 'signature file' which catalogues virus's when they are released, this software uses heuristic detection to analyse 'what' a file is trying to do, and based on what its trying to do, will warn the user of malicious intent.

Although this method has been done before, and as such I cant claim im a pioneer of the technology, it has been done poorly and with cost to the consumer and thus I have released a free opensource tool for everyone.

System Requirements

Your system should at least meet these requirements:

Operating Systems Supported: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP
    Processor: 133mhz
    Disk Space: 200kb
    RAM: 6mb

Intellect: Common Sense

http://www.lommage.co.uk

StevieO

2. ---

Bump .

3. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Have you tried it guest bumper --- ?

StevieO

4. ---

Yeah, a while ago.

5. axeman7

axeman7 Guest

Can it be used along with a regular anti-virus like NAV, McAfee or KAV safely?

6. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Guest bumper, yes but how was it, and are you going to give the new version another shot ?

axeman7, it would seem so as it functions in a different way to normal AV, sounds good. Check the website for further details. Are you thinking of giving it a try too ?

StevieO

7. ---

I played with it a bit, it was okay. Gave you a best guess of what the exe was going to do. Some people said the author is/was famous for writing trojans and refused to use it though.

Well the new version is merely a GUI upgrade so no. I'll wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.