New Security SetUp for the New Year

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Perman, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Happy New Year !

For the past year, I have tried and packed up all top-tier security apps, they have done a reasonable task of shielding off all possible malware attacks, but I just wonder have they really done so ?

Among them, Prevx2, ThreatFire, PRSC, BoClean, list goes on and on. These are popular darlings of this forum.

For the coming new year, I have decided to enlist just the following:

I just clean installed WinXP SP3 RC(stable so far), adding DeepFreeze, Comodo firewall(w/o defense+), McAfee Virusscan Enterprise 8.5i with patch 4, PRSC, winpatrol plus and Spy Sweeper(paid, and real time, surprisingly, no drag on system resource).

I have ditched DefenseWall and Prevx2, for these reasons; DefenseWall has picked up several new files from SP3, and making system a bit unstable, while Prevx2 has reached its maturity, same old things everyday, not exciting, and I found RAM usage has dramatically reduced after its removal).

Perhaps, in the past, the true value of some top class apps have been overly praised.

Hoping these special diets can prevail. Take care.

2. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Seriously dude, you need to chill.

Given the number of layers you run and the above average caution and knowledge you bring, I would say the "true value" of ANY top class app, would be almost zero.... :D

Here's the thing why do you try removing one layer, and do a test run for say 1 month, if you can surivive that period, does it mean that the removed app is "overly praised" o_O?

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Tried and threw out a few different solutions myself since 2002, and on New Years Day 2008 I finally went back to what I started with NOD32 Antivirus, Spy Sweeper and Outpost, with one Addition, Rollback Rx. All of which are back on my main System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.