New Rules for Win32 Services

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Roger100, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger100

Roger100 Registered Member

I keep getting a popup from Norton Internet Security saying "Rules automatically created for the program:Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win32 Services". This happens every few minutes or so so I am wondering what I can do to stop this happening as it is really starting to annoy me. Thanks. Roger

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You might try turning off the automatic rule creations feature and see if it alerts you and let's you manually make new rules. Then you can check out the details in the alert or popup, and see what's going on perhaps.

When I used NIS a year or two ago, I found it to be a little quirky in that department, and as a result, stopped using it.

3. Roger100

Roger100 Registered Member

Thanks for that Kerodo. I have not had one instance of the pop up today and I am wondering whether it was being caused as I altered the way my computer deals with Cookies. I read an article about safer surfing and now I have to sanction any cookies that sites want to put on my computer. I will see what happens over the next few days. Regards. Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.