NEW! Rootkit 'detection' test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by C.S.J, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwarden

Dwarden Registered Member

as RKU and GMER are definitely best in AR area ...

sadly not latest versions were used (i bet both will be like 7.9 :D

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

I think some may have missed my point about the lack of statistical signifigance in Malware tests.

The point I was trying to make was the absolute data from these tests are pretty meaningless by themselves. As no test will have all the malware of one type, or all the types of malware in existence the fact that Product A stops 99% and Product B stops 93% yields no usable information since depending on the sample size the uncertainty may be upwards of 25-40%.

In my opinion the only generalization that we can draw would be by checking a number of different tests, checking which products consistently score high, than using any of top 5 with the prettiest GUI.

Any further argument about this product is better is nothing but an exercise in fulility (especially as few products are gonna catch zero day anyway).

Go with the prettiest.

3. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

NOD32 v3 takes the cake in this regard.

Any further recommendations? I know Symantec looks rather pretty as well, but I'm unable to use it, for various reasons.

4. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Good point- I amend- Go with the prettiest without the blue screens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.