New purchase of NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by data7, May 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. data7

data7 Registered Member

I have just purchased NOD32 A/V software from NewEgg.com and I am wondering if there are any major issues that I need to watch for during the installation?

I have a pretty standard Dell 700m laptop running XP Pro SP2. Thanks.:)

data7

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The only thing I can think of is to make sure your previous antivirus program is completely removed.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yes, that and, after you open the case, immediately go to the ESET site and register your software using the serial number found inside the case. Make sure you provide a correct and valid e-mail address because that's how you're going to receive your Username and Password. I would also recommend writing down your Username and Password on the cover of the Installation Guide that's included inside the case.

I'm not sure this has changed since I bought my copies of NOD32 from Newegg, but don't panic if you get version 2.5 on the disk; it's probably the latest retail boxed version and will update to the latest version (2.7).

4. data7

data7 Registered Member

Thanks for the help!

I understand there are a few things that may be problematic for a newbie installing NOD32.

Could someone give me a brief overview for a "generic" install of NOD32 AV software?

Regards :)

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  5. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.