New Programs from Wayne

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tutankamon, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Wayne, I need to know if the new program or programs you are developing will be usable in Windows ME? I am certain that I am not the only person still using Windows 98 / ME. Now that we dont have the protection of TDS3 will there be a future program that will benefit us?

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Tut, being around i can answer that one for you: Wayne told me the other day the new stuff will certainly work in the win98-series so it should work fine in your ME too.
    Unfortunately my ME crashed many months ago completely so i'll not be able to betatest that for you myself.

3. tutankamon

tutankamon Registered Member

Hi Jooske, thanks for your quick reply, it is good to know that the new programs should work on Windows 98 / ME. I shall look forward to it. Will we be contacted by e mail, or just keep checking the website for future releases?

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I personally would not make any decisions concerning current needs based upon future unreleased products. One of the major lessons learned from the TDS-3/TDS-4 situation. If you can wait, then wait - but don't depend upon anything until a product is in at least beta testing.

Cya,
    Rich

5. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

"Don't believe the Hype" Wait to see actual products.

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I don't know which ways Wayne will choose to tell us in future, most probably via the forums and a newsleter when it is ready for download.

7. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

bahhh tds was in betea testing look how bad that turn out

i hate to say this but looks like the company is toast

jason moved on but lacks customer service wayne and galvin only two left and one of them dosnt seem to be around much

the main product that made them is discontinued

if it was a stock market crash it be there already

it sucks there good people and these things happen

id go with bigger name brand companys insteade of mom and pop shops

this way you dont get boned

as a consumer id move on

as a frind i wish them the best of luck in there lifes

8. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

Play fair - Diamond have provided slots where folks who are understandably upset can state their concerns - there's no need to use other threads to raise unfounded supposition.

They've had to recognise their limitations and opted for a managable workload without the ongoing daily drain of resources that TDS has apparently grown to represent.

Personally I'd sooner them jettison one program and still be there to support and develop others, than lose all of them because they wouldn't make the hard decisions.

This doesn't sound like a Company that has toast on the agenda - more one that knows when to say enough is enough and consequently save its bacon.

Darn it - now I'm hungry :D

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  9. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

I personally don't feel that DCS is "toast". Giving away free programs can be but isn't usually a stopgap measure to shut people up. Time will tell. I also think any new program will be a renamed TDS-4 with a yearly update charge. There was no way any company could continue with free daily updates and free program upgrades forever. As the song says " times. they are achanging". DCS did what they needed to survive but it was handled badly.

10. Carver

Carver Guest

But do you go from dally updates to yearly renewal by canceling the TDS line first o_O

11. mistycat

No, and that's one of my points. This situation was handled very badly. Purchaser's of TDS-3 within the last year should have been offered refunds or some update possibility. Eg, I purchased KAV for $53 CAD and after 1 year, it no longer updates. The only difference to me is that DCS made an offer they couldn't honor in todays economy. They meant well but, probably, won't make that mistake again.

12. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I am asking any and all Members and Guest posters to Please contribute in the positive direction I feel the thread starter intended. There is an ongoing thread that has been respectfully left active in order for those wishing to express their displeasure with DCS. We do not have to continually take all of the DCS Forum thread topics OT in order to share these opinons.

This thread---> I do not think all has been said regarding TDS-3

Thanks in advance for this consideration respectfully asked,
    Bubba

13. mistycat

I had no intention of hijacking this thread or appearing negative. If so, I apologise.

14. Carver

Carver Guest

I didn't mean to hijack ether, and I apoligise if it appears I did so.

15. eyes-open

eyes-open Registered Member

16. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well I will say I have been pleased with DCS products and am looking forward to anything that they may be working on and am looking forward to trying it out, And am sure it will be of the same quality if not even better. Keep up the good work.

bigc

17. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Does the new program are in Beta test? Are there people that can confirm that they are beta testing the "so call" new products?

Best regards,
    Atomas31

18. Inf.

Inf. Guest

what's about the sarcastic tone Atomas31? you're civilised enough to don't do that...

how about your own products? what about your stuffo_O everybody has his own cross...I cannot believe you're saying this...:(

19. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Atomas the people we generally invite into our beta team are frequent posters from here at Wilders who are friendly, helpful to others, and have a keen interest in security software, especially one or more of our own programs. At 200+ posts yourself I'm sure you've helped more than a few people here before, so keep it up and you never know ... :)

20. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Wayne,

My question was not about me becoming a beta tester in any way! But more in regard of the "new" products to be. I just want to know if that new line of products is in Beta test right now and if some betatester can confirm that they are testing it (and maybe give there opinion about it ;-)...

Best regards,
    Atomas31

21. Mr.Blaze

the problem with today's people dont want to hear the truth and they just want to hear good things

sorry but when something like this happends you deerve every kind of feed back thats comeing to you espechially after spending 50 dollers on a product lol

what? we cant bitch

im sorry but stuff like this i already knew it was going to happend just like i knew all there products would be jacked when they moved to serial registration.

i knew tds would be toast cause i belive jason was the one that took care of the data base updates

its all in black and white

there all awsome programers they are just bad litheners no one can tell them anything about there products they are to prideful and hence there downfall

They all got green eyes now

where i come from geen eyes gets you put down for good

look you want to sucede do this

stop using damn registration keys go back to your keyfiles all your products are being jacked all but tds because tds uses a keyfile that to this day only one hacker has been ever able to crack in 3 years which is unheard of

hook back up with jason and swallow your damn prides share equaly

charge a small yearly fee for updates 10 dollers for tds weekly updates not daily

5 bucks for other ghost and dcs products for yearly subscriibtion

max 15% percent off on products nomore then that

and most of all get your stuff out there like norton advertise

you want to survive thats how you do it

but i honestly think you are all just burnd out

maybe you need a 6month break

or you just need to retire all together

i love you guys but im just being brutealy honest

22. richrf

richrf Registered Member

That's what I did. Thirty years of computer software was enough for one lifetime. Now to other things. :)

Rich

23. Mr.Blaze

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this post should be moved to not all has been said seems more fits that thread this this one

i reread everything

but it does have some regard to future products in that i dont see any in the future and if so they most likely wont last long is my feeling on the subject

24. Mr.Blaze

yeah i dont know how they can do that for so long im suprised wayne and galvin and jason have not gone insaine and to the mad house just the codeing alone is insaine

25. richrf

richrf Registered Member

The pressure must be enormous. At some point, the developers must have to "wake up" and ask themselves "is it worth it?". As for me, I would like to pay them for their support and time so it was. I really would. :)

Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.