new process terminator "SPT"

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Devil's Advocate, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think it will not. PG is not for keyloggers. But I may be wrong.

2. LeeH

LeeH Registered Member

It beats PG if allowed to run.

If not able to run in the first place (using autoblock new apps in PG) there is no problem. THAT IS HOW KEYLOGGERS WORK.

I guess a problem would arise if running an application that is malware containing the same keylogger within. Therefore for those worried: only run trusted applications.

As I say, though, I agree that lots of work needs to be done to improve PG against new termination methods and hopefully improve hook protection....

Best regards,
    Lee

3. mfsa

mfsa Registered Member

On accident I ran into the site of system safety, tried the keylogger, and also found it circumvents PG. So searched for a thread over here and just discovered this one.

I allowed the app to run, but all protection was enabled (the global hooks, the rootkit, etc: paying customer here :D ); and it indeed easily recorded all the keystrokes I made.

Now, I do *not* agree that PG's work is done in only autoblocking new programs, as written above; PG's level of protection is twofold:
    1. Don't allow any program to run at all, *or*:
    2. Do allow it, but block special behaviour (like the rootkit and hooks stuff).

So, PG should have blocked this keylogger from working. After all, we all download a ton of programs to try them. You would want to feel protected by PG controlling what these programs can and can not do. I mean, otherwise there would hardly be any need for an anti-virus scanner as well: "only download software from MS, only visit MS sites" would be the same kind of argument; but that is not how the net works.

Personally, I'm shocked to learn PG can be circumvented so easily; I'd urge on the developers to fix the program (once again, I paid you money for it). In the meanwhile, I think I'm going to test out System Safety Monitor 2.

Really :oops: here; I placed a lot of trust in PG in the past.

4. LeeH

LeeH Registered Member

Hi,

I agree a fix is needed ASAP, too.

I am saying for paranoid people, be careful what you run.

E.g. even if protection is added against these particular keyloggers; who knows when stronger keyloggers will be created and we have the same problem all over again?

Best regards,
    Lee

5. yaya

yaya Guest

too bad Wayne isn't commenting about the two leaktests :(

6. mfsa

mfsa Registered Member

I agree; and I paid them money for their product, so I am impressed.

7. mfsa

mfsa Registered Member

Hmm, the sheer refusal to respond in this thread or to my e-mail had just made me conclude I know where my money won't be going to in the future. Too bad, customer service is so hard to find these days.

8. controler

controler Guest

Didn't you know that they are busy making new products and making existing products better?

On a side note:
    <snip>LOL

edited to remove competitor plug - Detox

9. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yes "lol" - let us try to avoid posting adverts for any competitors in the dedicated support forums hosted by Wilders, please.

10. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Don't forget that new website, I know Wayne is So very busy. But don't you think Wayne could take a break long enough to tell us about the new website and goodies.

11. controler

controler Guest

Carver

I would think so yes.
    I don't know if people are getting any support on the Private DCS Forums. Maybe one of the Mods here could enlighten us? I have not gone there for a long time. I think I will make a run over there and take a peek.
    I did not post much in that long thread when TDS-3 ended and probably won't in this one either. I did ask the support question some time ago and never did get an answer. Actions speak for themselves, although we could be entering a new era, where companies having support forums just do not have the time or man power to hire someone to post at these forums or respond via e-mail. You marketing people here would know much more about that then I. We all know companies like DCS do not have a huge staff working for them. I also remember as, so many do, someone stating not having to work 24 hours a day making new sigs makes for more time spent elsewhere.
    <snip>
    I do hope DCS is still doing well and all will work out. :)

controler

advertisement removed once again - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2006
  12. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

if you find it can you post the link to it for me, ty in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.