New Pricing on Online-Armor

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Peter2150, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

6/20/06 6:15 PM Pacific time (6/21/06 4:15 AM GMT) Tallemu's forum is again "404 Not Found." Poor Mike -- he must be totally frazzled by now. My heartfelt aloha goes out to him & to all the other staff members of Online Armor.

2. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Yes, that's exactly right dog... main OA processes are now back in place, working on re-establishing the forums now - website is (now) being restored from the most recent backup. French site should also be back up soon.... Pete is correct - this all happened around midnight AU time (and just before start of business texas time) so this was a fun day.

3. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Ok, the good news is the forums are running again.

The bad news is that when I created the forums, I did not expect them to become a "community" rather, just a place to get support. So, the forums were not part of the disaster recovery plan :(

The forums are back up, but sadly very empty :'(

4. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

WOW, Mike...you aren't kidding!!!

So does this mean that the forums are basically "starting over"? And that all previous posts are lost forever? Or are you hopeful that perhaps all the previous data will be salvageable at some point? I currently see only 3 registered members! :eek:

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

For now, yes. The disks are with the forensic guys, trying to recover what they can. I think it's midnight in Texas now - I should here some more tomorrow (or very late tonight). I'm not hopeful. The level of corruption was horrid.

Please see my post here...

http://www.tallemu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2

Thanks to LowWaterMark for granting us a bit of latitude over the last 15 hours or so and posting updates here.

Mike

6. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I just "Googled" Online Armor forums, and checked the "cached" link. But when I tried to actually VISIT one of the forums, I got the error message that it wasn't found.

Truly sorry to hear about all this, Mike....but I sincerely want to wish you and Tall Emu the best of luck getting everything back up and rolling.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Ouch - that do hurt. Yeah it's just before 1 AM here in Texas about now.

Anyway best of luck and for the forums as far as backups; I guess we live and learn although that is a tough one to foresee.

8. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Thanks Detox, JR.

It's "only" the forums database we've lost :( But over 5,000 posts, a few hundred members... it's a huge loss for us. :(

It's a hard way to learn just how important a part of our site that was.

Mike

9. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I visited the forum just now. It came online just fine. However, I was unable to log in -- NOT surprising. We might all have to register again. If so, not a problem.

It's a rotten development, Mike, but I am totally confident that it will turn out to be a minor bump in the road to OA's VERY bright future.

Meanwhile, back on thread-- The new prices for OA are great! A real bargain for a full-on security suite. I eagerly await the addition of OA's new firewall.

10. .....

..... Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.