New PC?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by bgoodman4, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Sure. Note it will cost a bit more up front - unless your builder has the resources to buy 1,000,000 hard drives, CPUs, RAM, etc. at wholesale, deep discount prices - like Dell and HP/Compaq do. But, this means the case, power supply and motherboard you get will conform to ATX Form Factor standards, and not Dell or HP proprietary standards - ensuring upgrade compatibility and options for years.

There are several sites with tutorials - Google should help with that. Go through several as each will have slightly different hardware, and approach from slightly different angles. This allows you to pick up the concepts, rather than specific steps, that may nor may not apply to your specific hardware. The most recent will reflect most closely current hardware.

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Thanks Bill, I will do that. It appears I may have found what was causing the problem I was having with my current PC and if so there is no urgency to get a new PC. This will make it much easier to potentially build my own as I can do so at my leisure. I think it would not only be an interesting/educational thing to do but it also would likely be something I would enjoy doing.

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

And feel good about it too. There is a downside - you automatically become the family and neighborhood computer expert - not always a good thing. ;)

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Good point Bill, Maybe I should keep quiet about it, probably would save me a lot of time and aggravation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.