New PC World Chart

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eBBox, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wir.sing

wir.sing Registered Member

I am surprised at how good Norton did in removing malware, while Kaspersky scored quite a low percentage in comparison. I remember Norton always being critized as being bad in removing, while Kaspersky was really good at it.

2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

also at anti-malware.ru Symantec scored well in removing.

3. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

Of course I did. I have too much respect for scientists in general and you in particular not to do so. And I think it is showing respect to you to question your work as it is part of scientific process.

Back on track, to avoid any misunderstanding, I really meant did you take into account the fact that not all fps have the same value in term of consequences upon the system, its usability, the perception from the user...

4. IBK

IBK AV Expert

ok, sorry, i misunderstood your question. the value is subjective, i am not in the head of any kind of users. ;)

5. Lucy

Lucy Registered Member

seriously IBK,

Did you think of a way to differentiate "vital" fps, serious ones, and the ones not so serious?

I am under the impression here is the origin of all the discussion about you last results...

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

an AV should have no (or very few) FP's. Period. (we are not talking about greyware etc.)
    It is not that difficult to pass our FP test with no or very few FP's. In fact I expected that this time all products would have only 0-2 FP's, but I was wrong.

7. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

Where the hell can you get Norton Internet Security for $70 for 3 users LOL...I found it cheaper elsewhere...

Where's M$ LiveOneCare? That bad, huh?

8. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Actually OneCare has been improving the past few months. I got an email today where MS was offering it's 2.0 beta testers a 3-license subscription for 19.95 USD. I did test it for about a day and the only thing I didn't like about it was that it wouldn't back up to another internal hard drive, just externals and DVD's.

9. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ive noticed that microsoft always does well on new threats on the prevx 'updated daily' chart.

its pretty clear, they have thrown their money at quite a few people who KNOW what they are doing. :)

money talks.

10. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I've been looking for a new suite for a while.. I have it installed and I like it. 3 month trial.. This one I may actually buy, especially if there's a way I can get it for $19.95!

Jim

11. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Symantec 1st and mcafee 3rd? what a joke :D well, it's pcworld after all :thumbd:

12. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im kinda suprised also at kaspersky's results.. i thought it would do better than it did. i know norton's is a decent product no doubt but #1o_O

13. TJP

TJP Registered Member

I not surprised with these test results. The ranking of each AV changes every time a new test is published.

Todays winner is tomorrows also-ran....

Cheers.

14. wildvirus88

wildvirus88 Registered Member

No comments... :|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.