New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by KingsoftSecurity, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingsoftSecurity

KingsoftSecurity Registered Member

Re: New PC Doctor - KINGSOFT Security Releases Kingsoft PC Doctor 2.7 Beta

THX my friend, and definitely we will.

2. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Thank youi very much I wait for it for a multiple language version

3. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

4. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

5. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Thank you! I will recommend this to all my friends. :D

6. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Does it work great?
    No issues?

7. raven211

Issues? Well I can't tell, my motherboard is half-broken. xD Good product? OH yes!

8. Yanick

Yanick Registered Member

Frying too much, eh? xD
    Allright, il test it in laptop and post back :)

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Oddly enough I could confirm that, on my first reboot with it installed it froze when it loaded and one of my Asus Netbooks machines files crashed. I don't know if its related or not but just thought I would mention it.

10. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Ok I gave it a short 10 min test run (I did not have much time, plus its been a long week. I am going to give it another shot next weekend when I have more time)

1. Install went fine, connected to the cloud fine, and no apparent conflicts with Panda Cloud AV.

2. It alerted me I needed to update my copy of MS office 2007. Its a trial version so I just ignored the warning.

3. On reboot the computer froze on the "Starting windows" screen for a few moments longer then normal.

4. The computer froze as everything was loading on the task bar. Eventually it came up and said Asus Hot Key service has stopped responding and closed. My friend (who has the same Asus as me) noticed that it was disabled on his machine which he is testing Kingsoft PC Doctor also. It seems to be Kingsoft disabling it without telling me.

5. I decided to uninstall it for now just to wait for more builds to come out and have it continue to get stabler and on uninstall it asked me if it wanted me to allow everything Kingsoft had banned from Autostarting. Strange thing is it never told me it banned something from auto starting so that needs some work.

On a brighter note I like the task manager and it has some potential I think. I will try it later on next weekend (hopefully) with some more tests. I never got to try the AntiTrojan so thats on my list.

11. KingsoftSecurity

No. 2 is the office security holes released by Mircosoft, if you do not want to update, it's fine, just ignore it. This reminder will check the high risk vulnerabilities patches of Windows OS, Office, Adobe or others, because they will be easily used by hackers.

About the conflict with ASUS Hot Key service, which version are you using? I failed to retrieve the environment, could you please tell some more information about your system? Win 7 or XP? 32 or 64?

How many seconds (not exact num) frozen on Starting windows? Did you run optimizer (one-click or?) then cause this happened?

The reminder during uninstalling now pop up always, we will change it to only pop up when you did some optimization. Do you think this is better?

If you have other problems, you can post here, PM me, or post on our forum, or email me. I will be very happy to hear from you.

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yeah I understand the reason for the alert, I personally would like to see a "Do not alert me again" option or maybe a way to shut down PC Doctor modules. I personally don't like to use patch scanners and just use Windows Update.

As for system conflict it was on Windows 7 32bit. I don't know what version and I do not normally use the program. It never crashes and only with PC Doctor installed did it crash this time.

For frozen on starting Windows I will have to check again next time I install it. Normally with out it the Starting Windows screen is barely on but this time it was a noticeable difference when it was and was not on. I did not run any cleanup of Kingsoft PC Doctor. I installed, let it load up and connect to the cloud, excluded it from my AV software, and rebooted to make sure my computer would still load.

Yes I really think showing that popup when things have been changed is a good idea. It made me think that PC Doctor was changing things without permission good to know it just happens when it does not.

I will be giving this a deeper test soon.

13. KingsoftSecurity

Which AV program are you using?

Thank you for the deeper test.

14. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

Hi,great soft!

is Kingsoft cloud av,active?

15. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

It is working great here. There are many spelling mistakes but obviously that has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the software.
    The cloud detection is good. False positives are understandable But where can I submit false positives?

16. Kernelwars

great point sg..I was looking for a way to submit fp too.:thumb:

17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Panda Cloud AV Beta

18. KingsoftSecurity

YES, it just released version 2012 in China, and you may see it in future.

19. KingsoftSecurity

The way to submit fp, this is a good idea, we will review it later. Did you tried to add them to Trust List? Is it working?

20. Kernelwars

adding them to trusted list works.:thumb:

21. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

This indeed is a keeper. Installed in my XP machine and worked great there too. Fixed many security holes which KIS 2011 missed. After optimization boot time fastened. It was only the registry cleaner that I used with caution. A huge recommendation to everyone. This program will help to gather more users to strengthen their antivirus cloud.

22. raven211

What in the registry cleaner was not safe or did you just feel it was redundant in your case?

23. boombastik

boombastik Registered Member

The trojan module has active protection or i must scan every time?

24. KingsoftSecurity

Wow, I'm so happy you like it. Would you mind tell something about registry cleaner? How do you think about it compare with other registry cleaners? Effective or not?

25. KingsoftSecurity

It's active until you exit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.