NEW Norton Utilities Has Been Unleashed!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PaulBB, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

norton_utilities.jpg

What's new?

• Duplicate File Finder – Finds all of the duplicate files scattered across your computer's hard drive, so you can remove them and free up disk space for more of your Stuff.
    • System Dashboard – Shows you step-by-step how to get your computer to run like new again.
    • Application Uninstaller – Removes the programs you don't use or take up too many resources.
    • Windows 8 Compatibility – Norton Utilities is compatible with Windows’ new operating system.

Announcement:
    -http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/The-NEW-Norton-Utilities-Has-Been-Unleashed/td-p/833668-

Free trial download:
    -http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/NONCLT/NU/MUI/2013/16.0/ESD/nu16.0.0.126-SMUI.exe-

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Does this look familiar? :D

Attached Files:

3. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Kopy Katz!! LOL

4. wat0114

wat0114 Registered Member

Do yourselves a favour and don't install this kind of garbage. Norton Utilities is nothing but money sucking junk.

5. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

ditto!!!!!!!!!

6. wat0114

Yeah, the screenshot in post #2 says it all: the program with gui will eat up more resources telling you how much it's saved than the actual clutter it proclaims to have removed LOL! This snake oil continues to reel in new fish, unfortunately, like it did to me in the mid 90's. One of the most regrettable software purchases I ever made :rolleyes:

7. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

The time when Norton Utilities had any value is long time history.

8. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

Very true, but this applies to any similar set/package of utilities out there (except for the money part for the free ones).

9. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Why are you calling it garbage? Did you tried it? Do you think that the uber glorified Tune-Up utilities is better than this? NU 16.0 is not the old Norton anymore, in fact is lighter than any other tune-up suite bloated (AVG) Tune-Up Utilities included.

THE screenshot in post #2 and the similarities are not 'Kopy Katz!!' since Symantec acquired PC tools.

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I was just pointing out that Norton Utilities is just a rebrand of PC Tools' product with a few touches of polish. Yes they are both now under Symantec...

I think there are free utilities that are just as good; and for that reason it isn't good value for money. Not to mention most newer PCs don't really need these anymore.

11. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Screenshot 1 says that "bleaching" free disk space is necessary to achieve good system health. For me, that's the first indicator not to use this software.

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

NEW Norton Utilities

I've been away from this kind of All-in-One Maintenance Suites...:doubt:
    I prefer to use individual Tools. ;)

14. wat0114

Not since the 90's, but that and further experience into the early 2000's with other Norton/Symantec products turned me off of the product line for good. Nor can I say any other product is better or worse. About the only one I would/do use is Ccleaner. It's not running processes full time.

LOL! I should have referenced ss #1, not noticing pctools in the #2 ss.

15. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I couldn't live without it in the Windows 95 days. Today I am pretty sure I can. When they released version 15 I attempted to test it out to see what it included at the time. I installed on Windows 7 and it would not run. On their forums I was told to make sure DEP was disabled as NU 15 was written in VB6. :eek:

I hope they used something more modern for version 16 but I likely won't even attempt to try it.

16. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i remember it being a 'must-have' back in the old days.
    but that was even before Win 95. ;)

it would run off a floppy.

17. Niels

Niels Registered Member

What extras does Norton Utilities offers beside the shortcuts to already included Windows operating system functionalities such as mconfig, eventviewer, built-in hard disk defragmentation tool,..

This was the case for all previous versions of their system maintenance tools.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.