NEW NOD32 USER QUESTIONS

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by worldcitizen, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldcitizen

worldcitizen Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm Dave and just bought NOD32 today and began posting here today. Everyone here seems so friendly and I want to congratulate you all on making this forum feel like a 'home away from home'.

With Nod32 I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there a version 2.0 out now? If it is - is it fully functional and do you advise using it instead of version 1.0 which I have now.

2. I suppose I can't disable the splash screen in version 1.0

3. Will emails be automatically deleted in future versions if a worm or virus is found?

4. Can I get NOD to leave a signature that it has checked an email & it is virus free with a link to the NOD site? I think this is a good way of advertising it too as well as others knowing their emails have been scanned before they receive them. I noticed this feature in some emails from NOD support - am I able to use this feature?

Thanks everyone

Dave

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

You're most welcome.

Stick to v1.0 for the moment - v2.0 is scheduled to be released this month.

Not recommended ;)

Depends on your configuration. Standard configuration: yes.

Personally, I'm not that fond of such a signatures. Then again: if you wish: create a signature in your email client.

regards.

paul

3. worldcitizen

Thanks very much Paul.

Also I had a couple of problems with my mouse freezing and couldn't figure out why some programs froze when I tried to open them. Zoom Player, Your Uninstaller & Tweak Xp Pro all froze when trying to open them. Other programs seemed ok. (so far)

I tried including them in the 'exclude list' and the freezes ceased. All I can gather is that these are graphics or graphics intensive programs. After 1st installing NOD & rebooting this did not occur. It just seemed to start at some point. As soon as I excluded them everything was fine. Is this normal?

Are my settings correct? I'm using default settings.

Dave

4. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

http://www.wilders.org/screenshots.htm
    Look here.
    These settings should do okay.
    Regards
    Ole :)

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Dave,

These apps most probably don't freeze; your assumption is a correct one - all files coming with the programs are being scanned, and that might take a while. Excluding is an option.

As for configuring NOD32, have a look at our screen shots. (Opt for "scan all files" apart from your exclusions).

regards,

paul

6. worldcitizen

Thanks. I tried to copy all the settings. In the extensions list there is a bracket with an asterix beside it - that is removed in your list. What are these files?

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.