New NOD32 user, have a few questions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by emuleman, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emuleman

emuleman Registered Member

Hello,
    I am glad I found this forum, looks like a great place to get information. I just downloaded the trial NOD32 and did all the recommended adjustments. I am already very pleased with the product and I will probally become a subscriber next week. I just uninstalled Norton after it made my computer go to a slow crawl! NOD32 seems to be much less draining on my system.

Anyway I love to play online games, currently I play Company of Heroes, a stragegy game made by Relic. Last night I tried for several hours to play online and I got alot of error messages saying that my internet connection was not doing well. I have played this game onlie with no problems for many hours, and the only thing I can think that is different is that I installed NOD32.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to adust the setting with NOD32 so it isn't interferring with my online game connection? Any help would be much appreciated, since I really would miss playing online. Thanks

2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I think your Winsock may have been corrupted by installing NOD32. It happened to me. Not to worry though, just go to the following web site and you can easily repair it and enjoy NOD32 and the internet. The ESET Guru Black Spear passed that one on to me, but if he disagrees in this case believe him rather than me. :) http://www.spychecker.com/program/winsockxpfix.html

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

Just make sure there is no more Norton
    1. Check if all Symantec entries are removed from Control Panel->Add/Remove programs

2. Download Symantec's Norton removal tool
    Only Step 3 here

3. After you have it , run it and follow the instructions to uninstall any possible leftovers of Norton

4. Reboot your computer

As for the internet things , you need to repair Winsock , as already said by twl845 . Note that after it has been repaired , you may need to re-register IMON followed by reboot.

4. emuleman

emuleman Registered Member

Hello,
    Thank you for the reply and the suggestions. I need a little searching on the Relic game forums and came across thishttp://forums .relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=102061

I did the recommended adjustments and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks again, I love this forum and NOD32!

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

That's OK . Excluding the application from IMON scanning would only do best if it is working OK . Nothing to worry about security - AMON will guard your computer ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.